Cybersecurity Curriculum

Winter, Josephine

Apr 14, 2022, 11:41:34 AMApr 14
to cst...@googlegroups.com

Hello!

Our CS pathway at Austin High School is developing. Currently, I am the only teacher who is teaching a CS course. Last year, I taught AP CSP (did not run this year due to numbers) and this year I am teaching an Intro. to CS course (CS concepts, web development and a unit using Scratch).

I proposed a Cybersecurity course for next year and it was approved.  I am wanting to settle on a curriculum for next year. The course is open to 9-12 as courses are so new, it did not make sense to place a pre-req. when so few have taken a CS course.

I wanted to reach out to see if there are recommendations for curriculums to consider, what materials you use for the course and for any connections I can make as I undertake this new course.

Thanks for any help you all may provide!

Joee Winter

Math & CS Teacher

9th Grade Team Leader

Austin High School