about API documentations

jiju...@gmail.com

Oct 21, 2008, 3:48:37 AM10/21/08
to cssutils
Hi,

In the CSSutils source tarball, there is a doc directory which
contains very complete API documentation on how to use the CSSutils
interfaces. However, it won't be installed by default at the present.
I think it would be better if it could be installed by modifying the
install scripts. If you think so, could you please make such
modification?

And also, is there a link to access the API documetation so that the
developers can read them through browsers?
I googled, but I can't find such link.

Thanks,
Jerry

see

Oct 21, 2008, 5:13:25 AM10/21/08
to cssutils
hi,
there is an extra download for the (generated) docs only:
http://code.google.com/p/cssutils/downloads/list => cssutils-0.9.5-
documentation.zip (has not changed for 0.9.5.1).

There also is a /restserver.py in the tarball which when started (and
docutils is installed) should make the ReST docs available under
http://localhost:8082. There might be a problem when using docutils as
a simple egg as templates for it seem not to be included in the egg
but I'll look into it.

Reason for the docs not being installed simply is that that I don't
really know how to add it to the setup script. Ideally the docs should
be generated to HTML (which would need docutils installed) and copied
somewhere (but where?). Therefor the separate download.

Reason for the API docs not being available online simply is I don't
have a space where to put 'em... It is quite a hassle to keep them
updated and my own site may quickly come over the quota so I decided
to make the docs downloadable instead. If you have a suggestion let me
know.

Chris