Nation’s Largest Indoor Entertainment Facility Coming to Apex Dreamsports Center

James Wisely

Mar 23, 2013, 3:11:59 PM3/23/13

New Wind Tunnel coming to Apex NC ?
Jim W.

Twitter Facebook RSS

Nation’s Largest Indoor Entertainment Facility Coming to Apex

Posted by Bianca Owens on March 21, 2013 · Comments Off
The dream of jumping, surfing, and flying under one roof is on-track.
Apex, NC, March 20, 2013: Carolina Sports Holdings (CSH) announced today significant progress with local and national endorsements for their Adrenaline Park project set to open in the 4th quarter of this year. In January, CSH announced their intent to purchase the 145,000 square foot Henry Wurst building, located in Apex, to house a massive indoor entertainment facility unlike any in the United States. Just three months after signing a Letter of Intent to purchase the former print factory, CSH has signed a definitive Purchase Sale Agreement (PSA) with the Henry Wurst Company and has made significant strides in due diligence on the building and property. The group expects the building purchase to close in May or June.
In addition, CSH has officially submitted a Major Site Plan to the Town of Apex for approval of the buildings new use. The cutting-edge plans include indoor skydiving, surfing, skateboarding, ropes courses, high-speed go-karts, a massive trampoline arena, and many more exciting attractions indoors and outdoors. “When the Adrenaline Park opens it will be the largest indoor entertainment facility in the US,” says Howard Ellman, owner of the International Association of Amusement Parks and Attractions (IAAPA) award winning architectural firm, Dynamic Designs.  “This group has developed a concept that is very unique and will likely draw guests from the entire Southeastern United States. In addition to local excitement for the concept, we anticipate that the Amusement Industry will take note of the innovative collection of attractions that will be located under one roof,” he added.
CSH has also received an abundance of support from the local community as excitement continues to grow rapidly. “What an exciting addition to Apex and the whole area,” says Dennis Edwards, President and CEO of the Greater Raleigh Convention and Visitors Bureau. He went on to say, “Having such a unique facility made up of extreme and fun attractions will allow us to promote our area in a new way to visitors seeking adrenaline sports and recreation.”
Myles Owens, CSH spokesman stated, “We are making incredible progress on the project and have been humbled by the local and national support for the Adrenaline Park.  We expect to be able to announce the Adrenaline Park’s name and some interesting partnerships in the next couple of months.” The public seems very eager to participate in the parks main ingredient – Adrenaline. Owens went on to say, “Even though we have not closed on the building or started construction, we have received multiple inquires, from as far away as Blacksburg Virginia, looking to book weekends at the Adrenaline Park. I have lost count of the number of companies and families, large and small, that have asked if they can be the first to experience our park.”
CSH is currently hosting a naming contest to gain input from the community as to what the future adrenaline park will be called. The contest gives graphic designers and graphic art students the opportunity to create an adrenaline park logo for a $1,000 cash prize and free admission to the park for an entire month.
Click here for more information!

Tell Your Friends:

Filed under News
Comments are closed.
          Dreamsports Center · 1016 Investment Blvd., Apex, NC 27502 • (919) 387-2955