Job Search

Colt Hinchman

Apr 5, 2010, 12:09:51 PM4/5/10
to cssf...@googlegroups.com

Hello CSS Family!

I hate to bother you all for something that’s not (directly) skydiving related, but figured that many of you could be very influential in my job search.  These are very hard times, and I could use all of the networking assistance I can get.  I’m in no position to list a specific job title that I’m looking for, but I would prefer something related to any form of marketing, business management, product management or purchasing.  If anybody knows a good company that is hiring for a business related position in the Raleigh area, I would really appreciate you emailing me back!

I have attached my resume.  In case that doesn’t go through the group email system, I have pasted a text version below.  Thanks for all of your help!

Blue ones!

Colt

EDUCATION

May 2009                      East Carolina University

                                    Master of Business Administration, GPA - 3.46

May 2007                      East Carolina University

                                    Bachelor of Science in Business Administration

                                    Major – Marketing, GPA – 3.33

Professional Experience

June 2003                      Food Lion (Greenville, NC)

to March 2008

May 2009                       Produce Department Second Person                                          to Present

·         Create innovative displays to maximize sales

·         Analyze industry trends and external factors to predict sales

·         Order over $10,000 of time sensitive materials per week

·         Responsible for exceeding strict health department standards

August 2007                  East Carolina University

to May 2009

                                    Business Computer Lab Assistant

·         Assisted students and faculty in College of Business computer lab with hardware and software needs

SKILLS

Proficient in Microsoft Office, such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint

ACTIVITIES

                                    President of East Carolina University Skydiving Club

·         Assist drop zone owners with advertising strategies

·         Arrange for media coverage of club events

·         Organize club meetings and events

·         Recruit new members

Related Accomplishments

Leadership

·         Was deemed leader of multiple semester-long group projects in undergrad and graduate school which included total financial, managerial and operational analysis of some of the world’s largest companies

o   Lead a group of classmates in the strategic management analysis of General Motors which lead to the prediction their bankruptcy nearly a year in advance.  Created and outlined task with instructor, delegated responsibilities amongst group members, inspected quality of members work, compiled information and submitted final product to instructor.

o   Designed, proposed and lead a class-wide project that assisted two small business owners with the development and implementation of a marketing plan.  Both businesses have subsequently had to open new locations due to high business traffic.

o   Was voted as leader of a group of six that analyzed the operational and marketing practices of BMW.  Planned, organized and lead group discussions, assigned members tasks and took appropriate action when a member’s performance was lacking.

·         Founded and served as President of the ECU Skydiving Club for 3 years.  The club served as a division of the United States Parachute Association to promote the sport of skydiving as well as the safety and responsibility associated with it on campus.  Our organization was recognized by and adhered to all regulations and rules required by East Carolina University, the US Parachute Association, and the State of NC.  In my role as President, I was responsible for overseeing the focus and direction of this 30+ member organization, scheduling and leading club meetings, insuring that our club followed the guidelines of our charter, and meeting or exceeding our standards for safety.

·         Voted as spokesperson and presenter for group projects related to Finance, Management and Marketing.

Business

·         Proposed, created and managed photo shoot for Buffalo Wild Wings, a multi-million dollar restaurant chain in which photos were used in advertisements. The results from my photo shoot were utilized on Buffalo Wild Wings national website, displayed in restaurants, and used by the local cable television for advertisement purposes.

·         Assisted local business in developing and implementing marketing plan, which increased revenue from target consumers by 40%.

·         Assisted local entrepreneur in planning, designing, opening, and advertising for their successful small business.

·         Advised local restaurant owner in the procurement of raw materials, bottling, labeling, distribution, and advertising of their sauce that went state-wide, tripling sales.

Work Ethic

·         Worked on average 30 hours per week while being a full-time student throughout college, paying all of my own bills.

·         Maintained a 3.8 GPA during my Junior and Senior years in the College of Business.

·         Awarded Honor Roll three semesters, Dean’s List three semesters and Chancellor’s List one semester.

·         Routinely was called upon by management to solve problems and assist in running any department of multi-million dollar grocery store.

·         Exemplary attendance and punctuality record.  Missed only 1 day in 6 years while working for Food Lion.

Resume & Related Accomplishments (03).doc