[CSS Family] 'Esprit de Corps' or the lack of thereof.

Jim Wisely

Apr 19, 2010, 11:58:32 PM4/19/10
to CSS Family
This weekend at TSC a tandem canopy of Dave Douglas was cutaway and
only two people, other than the owner, even bothered to take time look
for it!
Does anyone know the meaning of 'Esprit de Corp' or is this a passing
fade?
Jim

Jason Leary

Apr 24, 2010, 6:26:30 PM4/24/10
to cssf...@googlegroups.com
Good point, Jim. .I guess alot of the younger jumpers got infected with the....."Fuck it, Rob will get it" mentality.

I remember when 3/4 of the DZ would look for freebags, handles and the main after a cutaway.

Proud to be in the "older jumper" category!

Jason L.

> Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2010 20:58:32 -0700
> Subject: [CSS Family] 'Esprit de Corps' or the lack of thereof.
> From: j...@macconnect.com
> To: cssf...@googlegroups.com

Dawn Larsen

Apr 25, 2010, 6:41:05 PM4/25/10
to cssf...@googlegroups.com
Was this Dave's personal tandem canopy, or did it belong to TSC?  (Not that this should matter.)

Was it ever recovered?

If not, my ex-landlords own much of the land in the MC Wilder area, and I could put a word in with them.

Let me know,

Dawn Larsen
Franklinton, NC 27525
919-725-4954

James Wisely

Apr 25, 2010, 10:30:08 PM4/25/10
to cssf...@googlegroups.com
Hi Dawn,
Yes, it was Dave's personal canopy and we eventually found it and the free bag.
Jim