JSLint and JSHint?

madr

Apr 24, 2012, 3:03:22 AM4/24/12
to css-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

This morning I stumbled upon ticket #77, mentioning using a JSLint-like leading comment to toggle rules in the CSS-code itself:
https://github.com/stubbornella/csslint/issues/77

I got excited about this, since it makes sense to write a project specific /*csslint <rules> */ which can be stored as a reference. Since I am using CI-tools and check my CSS using automation it would also be sweet to define the rules once.

However, I could not manage to find any documentation about this feature. Using the example in Issue #77 does not work, either on http://csslint.net or with Rhino (using fresh csslint.css from master branch). Toggling between true or false makes no difference, neither does quotes.

Can someone please give me a link where this is documented (I might have missed it) or tell me what I do wrong?

Nicholas Zakas

Apr 24, 2012, 12:22:14 PM4/24/12
to css-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

This feature is not yet supported. If you read through the comments, someone asked if we were planning on doing something like this. My response was yes we are planning on doing that, but it wasn't completed as part of that ticket.

You can still define which rules you want to use directly on the command line:

-N