GERES ǀ Caroline Pierret ǀ How put climate solidarity in your CSR projects?

Caroline PIERRET

Feb 17, 2014, 10:16:35 AM2/17/14
to CSR-re...@googlegroups.com

Dear,

My name is Caroline Pierret. I’m in charge of the global communication of GERES*, a French development NGO which specializes in sustainable energy and environmental protection.

I ensure the visibility and image, in media, professional networks, and social business.

Strengthening GERES is making a commitment to the environment and solidarity.

We are developing concept of climate philanthropy, because we believe in climate solidarity.

Within CSR-resources network, I wish facilitate your trade, request for informations, and support to sustainable development project.

Our association initiated CO2Solidaire, the first voluntary carbon offsetting programme for the French-speaking world.

If you want to join the community of GERES partners, you can get in touch with other stakeholders working in your areas or field and forge close links with communities, institutions or local authorities.

King regards

*Group for the Environment, Renewable Energy and Solidarity (since 1976)

(Groupe Energies Renouvelables, Environnement et Solidarité)

With a team of over 200 professionals, GERES strives to develop technologies and services to build sustainable value chains, incorporating the human, social, cultural and economic dimensions of the areas where it works.

They work in over 30 countries, in 4 major geographical areas: Europe - Mediterranean, West Africa, Central Asia and South-East Asia.

GERES has been working completely independently for almost 40 years to improve living conditions and preserve natural resources.

Please, visit our website :

www.geres.eu

To know more

Our missions:

       Improving living conditions and reducing fuel poverty

       Preserving ecosystems and natural resources

       Limiting climate change and its consequences

5 Operational themes

       energy saving and efficiency

       clean energy production

       climate change

       economic development

       local policy and land-use

Operating in 4 major geographical areas:

Europe - Mediterranean: Building insulation energy efficiency, waste management, biogas, agroforestry, hydropower (France, Morocco, Egypt, Georgia, Ukraine…)

West Africa: Farmer biofuels, photovoltaic, support for project developers, rural development…( Benin, Mali, Senegal, Burkina Faso…)

Central Asia: Bioclimatic homes and greenhouses, improved cooking and heating appliances, training, vulnerability analysis … (Afghanistan, Mongolia, Tajikistan, India…)

South-East Asia: Improve cookstoves, structuring biomass chains, green charcoal, community forestry, social entrepreneurship (Cambodia, Laos,)

--

Logo

Caroline Pierret
Chargée de Communication
Communication Officer
Skype : caroline.pierret

GERES - Groupe Energies Renouvelables, Environnement et Solidarités
2 cours Foch - 13400 Aubagne - France
Tel : +33/0 442 18 55 88 - Fax : +33/0 442 03 01 56 -
Twitter Facebook Flickr Youtube RSS
S'abonner : Lettre d'information
con...@geres.eu - www.geres.eu
Compensez vos émissions de gaz à effet de serre avec CO2solidaire

AVERTISSEMENT : Ce courriel est confidentiel. Si vous avez reçu ce message par erreur, merci de nous en avertir immédiatement. Economisez du papier, n'imprimez ce message que si nécessaire (disclaimer)

Amita Deshpande

Feb 19, 2014, 7:33:18 AM2/19/14
to Caroline PIERRET, CSR-re...@googlegroups.com
Hi Caroline,

So nice to hear about you and GERES. I had come across GERES's name when traveling in Spiti in the Indian Himalayan region , where you'll had partnered with EcoSphere Spiti to develop solar passive housing and other initiatives to combat climate change.
I am the Founder of Aarohana EcoSocial Developments, a social enterprise working for 3 focus areas in India: Enabling Rural Livelihoods, Heritage and Environment Conservation and Experiential learning. We worked in Uttarakhand after the recent disaster in June 2013, mainly in the field livelihood generation for flood affected households and sanitation projects. Now we are concentrating on projects in Heritage Conservation in the western state of Maharashtra, mainly with temples and pilgrimage sites to make them environmentally friendly. Just today we completed a project for the Alliance of Religions and Conservation (ARC) where we consulted the famous Saibaba Sansthan at Shirdi on their Green Temple Guide. We plan to undertake more projects with them in the near future, mainly on waste management, greening of the temple area and other environment conservation activities along with creating livelihoods for the local villagers.
Given that our work relates closely with your focus areas, I would love to connect and see if there are mutually interesting projects we could work together on!
CSR Resources is a partner and we worked together in Uttarakhand, so they could be a bridge between us.
Lookig forward to connecting further with you!

Cheers,
Amita
--

<logo.png>

Caroline Pierret
Chargée de Communication
Communication Officer
Skype : caroline.pierret

GERES - Groupe Energies Renouvelables, Environnement et Solidarités
2 cours Foch - 13400 Aubagne - France
Tel : +33/0 442 18 55 88 - Fax : +33/0 442 03 01 56 -

S'abonner : Lettre d'information
con...@geres.eu - www.geres.eu
Compensez vos émissions de gaz à effet de serre avec CO2solidaire

AVERTISSEMENT : Ce courriel est confidentiel. Si vous avez reçu ce message par erreur, merci de nous en avertir immédiatement. Economisez du papier, n'imprimez ce message que si nécessaire (disclaimer)

--
www.CSR-Resources.com
All about CSR, at your fingertips.