RE: Radhika Ralhan from Global Hunt Foundation - Creating Sustaianble Solutions

GlobalHuntFoundation-RadhikaRalhan

Jan 23, 2014, 6:52:55 AM1/23/14
to Simon Valdenaire, csr-re...@googlegroups.com

A warm Namaste & Hello to All!

I'm Radhika Ralhan from India and currently working with GlobalHunt Foundation as Manager Corporate Sustainability. I commence my introduction with the famous quote by Mahatma Gandhi "I must know that all that wealth does not belong to me; what belongs to me is the right to an honorable livelihood, no better than that enjoyed by millions of others. The rest of my wealth belongs to the community and must be used for the welfare of the community". Gandhi's much famous theory of Trusteeship, coupled with his principles of conservation, sustainable consumption and self reliance became the hallmarks of contemporary CSR. As an Indian these notions were imbibed during my course of growing years, learning and now in my professional endeavors.

My Journey -

As a sociologist from Delhi School of Economics, a University Gold Medalist,  I have attempted in my endeavors to primarily conjoin my academic and professional experience primarily in the realm of sustainability. My strong experience at  Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi as  for the European Commission and Asia Link programme LeNS - Learning Network of Sustainability enhanced my linkages in European (Italy, Netherlands and Finland)  and with Asian  (India, China and Thailand) counterparts  towards engaging a cross learning, pedagogy, design innovations and live case models entailing the spirit of sustainable product service systems. With United Nations Global Compact Network India I had the opportunity to implement my theoretical knowledge on sustainability among the diverse multi stakeholders (signatories) to strengthen  partnerships  among leading corporates, businesses, civil society and academia towards construing programs, consultations that encompassed the contours of environment, economic and social sustainability. The above experience also enabled me to comprehend that there is an urgent requisite to transcend ourselves from social responsibility to sustainable responsibility which entails that we need to go beyond the mere creation of products or goods but to evolve holistic systems of services that bear the principles of sustainability within them. The Post 2015 development agenda requires emergence of innovative programmes, knowledge and new forms of institutions, it is in this regard that I joined the GlobalHunt Foundation that aims to create sustainable solutions and directs the society to lead a sustainable life.

Current Engagement -

GlobalHunt Foundation (GHF) (http://www.globalhuntfoundation.org) is a Section 25 not for profit company that acts as a knowledge catalyst and engage its vast corporate clientele with diverse multi stakeholders to  enhance their Corporate Sustainable Responsibility - a state of the art connotation of CSR. Apart from consulting and research at GHF, I am closely working with my Director Mr. Sunil Goel and Advisor Dr. Pradip Sarmah for diverse programs Sustainable Livelihoods with Ministry of Defense, India  one of the  pioneering projects in India towards reemployment and resettlement of the veteransCSR Research Consulting and Knowledge Partner - first CSR Competitor analysis, disseminated significant CSR research studies and facilitated pan Indian regional chapters. Sustainable Entrepreneurship - provided  sustainable livelihoods to the rickshaw pullers and their families in the North East India. Women in Workforce, VAW- Acid Attack Victims  to capture the voices of women to document their struggles, harassments and mobilize stakeholders to offer a comprehensive system of solutions

Synergies -

I would be pleased to provide more information, engagement possibilities on above and diverse  programs and activities,  I am pursuing the formation of key thematic clusters on Sustainability - Sustainable Mobility, Waste Management, Sustainable Agriculture Principles, Human Rights, Sustainable Service and Consumption.

Thanking you

Warm regards

Radhika Ralhan

Manager -Corporate Sustainability

Email:  rad...@globalhuntfoundation.org

Website: www.globalhuntfoundation.org

GlobalHunt Foundation
E 45/6, Okhla Phase-II, New Delhi – 110020
Board +91 11- 46547700+91 11-46267769| Ext: 7806

  GHF LOGO.png

     cid:image002.png@01CE725A.B8C67500

Delhi    cid:image003.jpg@01CE725A.B8C67500    Mumbai    cid:image003.jpg@01CE725A.B8C67500   Bengaluru   cid:image003.jpg@01CE725A.B8C67500   Hyderabad

Please consider the environment before printing this Email cid:image004.png@01CE725A.B8C67500