Form STK-2

CS Nidhi Parekh

Jun 9, 2024, 11:49:20 PMJun 9
to csmy...@googlegroups.com
Dear All

Can a company which has already filed form INC-20A
 File STK-2 before completion of 1 year of incorporation?

Regards
CS Nidhi Parekh

Sakshi Jain

Jun 10, 2024, 4:16:11 AMJun 10
to csmy...@googlegroups.com
Hi

No, you cannot file STK 2 before completion of 2 years. Last year we filed a form where the company is about to complete 2 years. We received a resubmission to wait for 2 years.

So it's advisable to wait for 2 years and file.

Thanks & Regards
CS Sakshi Jain

Thanks & Regards

Sakshi Jain
Associate Company Secretary
M/ +91-9654-096-353
A/ 19, 1st Floor, Sharad Vihar,
Karkar Dooma, Delhi-110092

Rajesh

Jul 5, 2024, 1:53:26 AM (12 days ago) Jul 5
to csmy...@googlegroups.com

Sakshiji, did you resubmit Form STK-2 and was the Form approved.  Because in my opinion we can file the form after one year of incorporation and before 2 years.

CS Nidhi Parekh

Jul 5, 2024, 2:04:28 AM (12 days ago) Jul 5
to csmy...@googlegroups.com
Hello

We have filed form stk2
Inc20a already filed and filed stk2 before completion of 1 year of incorporation
Received STK-6 on company master data status of company is under process of striking off
Does this mean it is approved by C-PACE?

Regards
CS Nidhi Parekh

Animesh Jha

Jul 5, 2024, 2:08:23 AM (12 days ago) Jul 5
to csmy...@googlegroups.com
YES

Thanks & Regards,

photo
Ca Animesh Kumar Jha

Partner

Gupta Sachdeva & Co.

Chartered Accountants

T :0612 -2229000  |
Registered office : 101, Jagat Trade Centre,
Fraser Road,Patna - 800001

|| PATNA || HAJIPUR || DHANBAD || GIRIDIH || KOLKATA || NEW DELHI || RANCHI || JAIPUR || BANGALORE II MUMBAI II

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:

The contents of this e-mail are confidential to the ordinary user of the e-mail address to which it was addressed and may also be privileged. If you are not the addressee of this e-mail you may not copy, forward, disclose or otherwise use it or any part of it in any form whatsoever. If you have received this e-mail in error please e-mail the sender by replying to this message.

P Please consider the environment before printing this mail.

Rajesh

Jul 5, 2024, 2:38:44 AM (12 days ago) Jul 5
to csmy...@googlegroups.com

I am not very sure if it approved.  I think it is just in process.

Rajesh

Jul 5, 2024, 2:43:46 AM (12 days ago) Jul 5
to csmy...@googlegroups.com

Nidhiji don't you think that the Company should have filed Form STK-2 after one year of Incorporation???, because Section says that "Company has failed to commence its business within one year of its Incorporation". So only after one year one can declare that the Company has not commenced its business within one year of its incorporation.

Correct me if I am wrong.

CS Nidhi Parekh

Jul 5, 2024, 3:00:32 AM (12 days ago) Jul 5
to csmy...@googlegroups.com
Yes company could have wait but we took a chance since it was not operating at all.

Regards,
CS Nidhi Parekh

CA Shubham Nanda

Jul 5, 2024, 3:07:43 AM (12 days ago) Jul 5
to csmy...@googlegroups.com
If the company has been inoperative since incorporation and you have filed INC-20A, then you can go with clause (a) of Section 248 i.e. failed to commence business within 1 year of incorporation.

Thanks & Regards

Shubham Nanda & Co.
CA Shubham Nanda
(B.Com., ACA)

Mobile No. 9711018234

Rajesh

Jul 5, 2024, 3:19:57 AM (12 days ago) Jul 5
to csmy...@googlegroups.com

Ok Nidhiji.

Shubamji, you are correct.  But my contention was that you can filed under clause (a) only after one year of incorporation.

CA Shubham Nanda

Jul 5, 2024, 3:24:34 AM (12 days ago) Jul 5
to csmy...@googlegroups.com
Yes Sir... I didn't mention this, but I also mean that only. Can't go for Clause (a) before completion of 1 year, as per the language of clause, but Nidhi Mam tried and it's getting ahead by C-Pace, then I think now she will get the approval soon.

Thanks & Regards

Shubham Nanda & Co.
CA Shubham Nanda
(B.Com., ACA)

Mobile No. 9711018234

Rajesh

Jul 5, 2024, 4:05:10 AM (12 days ago) Jul 5
to csmy...@googlegroups.com

Yes Shubhamji.  That's right.  I think Nidhiji's Form will get approved.

Sakshi Jain

Jul 5, 2024, 8:13:42 AM (12 days ago) Jul 5
to csmy...@googlegroups.com
No we didn't resubmit the form as the remark clearly said to wait for 2 years.

Thanks & Regards
CS Sakshi Jain

shwetha nadig

Jul 5, 2024, 8:51:06 AM (12 days ago) Jul 5
to csmy...@googlegroups.com
Hello Members,

In continuation with the above subject -
Can we file STK 2 for a private company within one year of incorporation?  which has not opened the bank, share subscription not done and 20A not filed. There is no intention of carrying any business further.

The company was incorporated in May 2024.

Kindly share your experience or insights on this matter.

Thank you!

Regards

CS Shwetha Nadig
9743129689

--
Best regards

CS Shwetha Nadig
Practicing Company Secretary

Jaya krishna

Jul 5, 2024, 9:15:05 PM (11 days ago) Jul 5
to csmy...@googlegroups.com
Yes, Form STK-2 may be filed, before completion of 1 year.

Regards,
Jayakrishna

On Mon, Jun 10, 2024 at 9:19 AM CS Nidhi Parekh <nidh...@gmail.com> wrote:

shwetha nadig

Jul 6, 2024, 1:19:44 AM (11 days ago) Jul 6
to csmy...@googlegroups.com

Rajesh

Jul 6, 2024, 1:40:51 AM (11 days ago) Jul 6
to csmy...@googlegroups.com

Jaya Krishnaji, I have a different view.  I think we have to wait for one year and only after one year (maybe even on day 366) we can contend that the Company has failed to commence its business within one year of its incorporation.  Maybe the ROC might approve it, but this is my interpretation.  Other views solicited.

Rajesh

Jul 6, 2024, 1:50:44 AM (11 days ago) Jul 6
to csmy...@googlegroups.com

Noted.  Thank You Sakshiji.

CA Shubham Nanda

Jul 6, 2024, 1:58:36 AM (11 days ago) Jul 6
to csmy...@googlegroups.com

STK-2 can be filed within 1 year, but only after 180 days if INC-20A not filed and capital amount not contributed in the bank account.
If these both things already done, then they have to wait for end of 1st Year.

Thanks & Regards

Shubham Nanda & Co.
CA Shubham Nanda (B.Com., ACA)

Contact No. 9711018234
Email Id: shubhamn...@gmail.com

Rajesh

Jul 6, 2024, 2:08:43 AM (11 days ago) Jul 6
to csmy...@googlegroups.com

I agree Shubhamji.  If both the conditions not fulfilled, STK-2 can be filed after 180 days, but even if one of the conditions is satisfied, application for strike off cannot be filed.

Ashish Gupta

Jul 6, 2024, 2:08:47 AM (11 days ago) Jul 6
to csmy...@googlegroups.com

as per me, need to go for basic intent of law instead of drafting.

there might be some gaps in written intent as something has to be in black & white.

Suppose, I initiated a project and it failed before taking off, then why RoC should stop me from closing the Company before the period as mentioned?
this defeats my purpose of trying not to default on any form/ occasion. after completing 1 yr., my returns becomes due, audit becomes due, Income Tax return and all such details, then why not government also understand this and allow to close such companies/ promoters to close the project before damage takes place?

this is my personal view

thanks

AKG & CO
COMPANY SECRETARIES
FCS Ashish Gupta
C.P. No.: 6859
Peer Review No.: 766
A-16 Jitar Nagar, Parwana Road
Near Preet Vihar Metro Station, Delhi - 110051

09312210264

# Stay Safe #Stay Healthy

Save Paper Save Trees
http://www.crossed-flag-pins.com/animated-flag-gif/gifs/India_120-animated-flag-gifs.gif
Switch off as you go |Recycle always |  Your child deserves better world
“Excellence is not a Skill,  it is an Attitude”

The information contained in this communication is intended solely for the use of the individual/ entity to whom it is addressed and others authorized to receive it. It may contain confidential or legally privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by responding to this email and then delete it from your system. The sender is neither liable for the proper and complete transmission of the information contained in this communication nor for any delay in its receipt.

shwetha nadig

Jul 6, 2024, 5:35:15 AM (11 days ago) Jul 6
to csmy...@googlegroups.com
Thank you each one of you for the clarification.  The key point here to understand is when 180 days and 1 year criteria will be applicable.

Your opinions are helpful and appreciated.

Jaya krishna

Jul 15, 2024, 12:24:08 PM (2 days ago) Jul 15
to csmy...@googlegroups.com
Under sec 248(1), Registrar needs to satisfy himself under anyone of the grounds listed under that section, to strike off a company name.

Under 248 (2), if members pass special resolution with no assets or liabilities, Form STK 2 can be filed.

5 months back, we filed Form STK 2 for a company which was incorporated 8 months back, capital contributed, INC 20A filed, but no business.

Ground of closure mentioned as from incorporation no business activity and promoters are not planning for any business in that company in future also and hence closure.

Promoters need not wait one year to proof that there will not be any business. They may confirm their intention of no business.

We obtained final strike off order from MCA.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Jay