Fw: [Climate-action] Fwd: Join us to Kick Off Our First Massachusetts Campaign! (¡Están cordialmente invitadas al Inicio de Nuestra Primera Campaña de Massachusetts!)

Thomas Olbert

Jan 24, 2014, 10:02:58 AM1/24/14
to csfc-...@googlegroups.com, cce-acti...@googlegroups.com

--- On Fri, 1/24/14, Vanessa Rule <van...@betterfutureproject.org> wrote:

> From: Vanessa Rule <van...@betterfutureproject.org>
> Subject: [Climate-action] Fwd: Join us to Kick Off Our First Massachusetts Campaign! (¡Están cordialmente invitadas al Inicio de Nuestra Primera Campaña de Massachusetts!)
> To: "350-mass...@googlegroups.com" <350-mass...@googlegroups.com>, "MCAN talk" <mcan...@googlegroups.com>, "Climate...@lists.occupyboston.org" <climate...@lists.occupyboston.org>, "Somerville Climate Action" <somervillec...@googlegroups.com>
Date: Friday, January 24, 2014, 8:53 AM
Hello
friends,

As some of you may know, I have been working with
mothers and grandmothers to develop a new constituency of Americans who will call on elected and business leaders to
create the systemic change we need to end the use of fossil
fuels to address the climate crisis.  Our aim to reach
beyond "the chorus."  We started this work
exactly one year ago and are now poised to "go
public" with our campaign: making Massachusetts the
first state in the nation to stop building any new fossil
fuel infrastructure -- everytime there is a choice,
Massachusetts much choose to invest our precious and limited
resources in conservation, energy-efficiency, and
renewables, not the deadly energy of the past.

Many of the mothers and grandmothers involved are
newcomers to this work and they care passionately about the
fate of children who are being affected by our use of fossil
fuels and climate change.  Having the support of those who
have been doing this work for a while -- you all -- would be
a great boost and would create an important new connection.

In light of this, I invite you to join Mothers Out Front at
our 2014 Massachusetts Campaign Kick Off next Saturday,
February 1, 2014, from 11am to 1pm in downtown Boston -- see
invitation below.

Join us to Kick Off
Our First Massachusetts Campaign!
Saturday, February 1, 2014 -- 11am to 1pm
Tremont Temple Baptist Church, 88 Tremont Street, Boston
(Red Line, Park Street Station)

RSVP : https://docs.google.com/forms/d/16qXLtLZ47YfUJyDqnYyl93vtX4IQ4MX2Z3WG0PvsJig/viewform

Together, we will send a clear message to Governor Patrick and Gubernatorial Candidates that we can and must choose clean energy in order to protect our children and grandchildren.

Speakers:
Mothers and Grandmothers Organizing in Massachusetts Communities
State Representative Lori Ehrlich
Special message from Bill McKibben of 350.org
Second Line Social Aid & Pleasure Society Brass Band

Refreshments and banner making for the whole family
March to the State House
Group photo for delivery to Governor Patrick