Performance under Windows 8.1

Chris Wood

Jan 2, 2014, 12:45:10 PM1/2/14
to cse...@googlegroups.com
Hi there,

I'm seeing some odd behaviour under Windows 8.1. Looking to see if anybody else has seen similar behaviour and can provide any feedback / workarounds.

I host csEXWB 2.0.0.2 within a form and use this to log into a web site. On Windows 7 backwards (up to XP) it all works fine and is as responsive as using Internet Explorer itself. On Windows 8.1 using the same codebase, it's really sluggish. For example, clicking on the "log in" button on the HTML form makes it freeze for about 20 seconds before doing anything. It ultimately does work, but it's a rubbish user experience.

I've not got an 8.0 installation to test against, unfortunately.

Has anybody else experienced this that can provide any tips on how to address it?

Thanks in advance!

Chris