Cal Sailing Club staying open

Nicholas Waton

Dec 9, 2020, 8:52:03 PM12/9/20
to Cal Sailing Club Announcements

Dear CSC Members,

We want to provide another update to the CSC community in light of the new Regional Stay At Home order in effect since Monday.

The Club will stay open for regular sailing/windsurfing activities with some minor tweaks as we are an outdoor recreational facility and we are able to operate fully outdoors.

We are able to do so because we’ve implemented robust safety practices. We would like to make it very clear that we need to adhere to these protocols and we are taking them very seriously as it is what is allowing us to stay open. This is important for many reasons, including making our day leaders and their families safe.

So please continue:

  • To wear a mask at all times you are on club ground, on the dock, in the yards.

  • Maintain social distancing

  • Sanitize the equipment after use

Don’t be afraid to remind others. It is in everyone’s interest so that the club can stay open. If you see something but don’t feel comfortable addressing it directly, feel free to get in touch with ExComm.

Our goal is to continue training our new members, and to allow existing members to get on the water as much as possible.

As a summary, the club is staying open with the following rules:

  • It is still possible to buy/sell boats but boats need to be sanitized between members. This helps reduce congestion at the hoist.

  • Dinghy limits at the dock is 6. Please use both docks

  • When using the hoist, please wear a mask and maintain social distancing.

  • Lessons can continue, as long as safety practices are maintained. We will reduce the number of people at ground school in order to improve social distancing. Currently ground school is paused until we adjust our protocols.

  • Rigging practice and testing can continue.

  • Racing is put on pause at least until January 4th.

Also, please notify anyone on ExComm if you have been exposed or infected with COVID-19. The communication will remain confidential, but this will allow us to notify other members and encourage them to isolate and get tested.

Best,

Your Co-Commodores

Mary Lucus

Nicho Waton

--

P.S. If you need to get tested, the City of Berkeley has a list of resources on their website. Members of ExComm also highly recommend the Curative Testing Kiosk in West Berkeley, as they will test asymptomatic people and have consistently provided test results within 48 hours.