CSC 3/31/21 Update - Orange Tier Updates

Nicholas Waton

Mar 31, 2021, 10:04:05 PM3/31/21
to Cal Sailing Club Announcements

Yet More Good News CSC Members,

Effective 3/31 aligned with Berkeley/Alameda County entering CDPH Orange Tier we are pleased to announce further loosening of dinghy/keelboat sailing restrictions and increases in available daily reservation slots.

  1. Keelboat

Maximum 4 (previously 2) non-household non-fully vaccinated members may sail together on CSC keelboats. Face coverings are required on dock and on the water at all times.

  1. Dinghy

Maximum 2 (previously solo only) non-household non-fully vaccinated members may sail together on CSC dinghies. Face coverings are required on dock at all times but are not required on the water. This is a significant change compatible with guidelines so recommend 2 people planning to sail together should mutually discuss any elevated risks and make explicit decision to sail together with no compromise in sailing safety.

  1. Available Daily Reservation Slots

Dinghy 14 slots all days (was 8 weekdays, 12 weekends)

WS 25 slots all days except 20 when Weekend lessons (was 20 weekdays, 15 weekends)

  1. Yard Capacity Limits

WS 10 (was 8) includes changing rooms

Dinghy 8 (was 6) includes changing rooms & porta-potties

  1. Dock  Capacity Limits [NO CHANGES]

Dinghy = 6, WS = 4

In all cases since equipment/controls on a boat are “shared equipment” we strongly encourage pre-/post-sail use of hand washing and sanitizers. CSC has chosen to classify keelboating as “outdoor moderate contact sport” and dinghy sailing “outdoor high contact sport (see rowing/crew)” per Outdoor and Indoor Youth and Recreational Adult Sports guidelines.

All linked CSC COVID protocol instructions, web pages and test have been updated to match this announcement. Please email csc-reope...@googlegroups.com if you find discrepancies that need to be updated.

Please continue to strictly adhere to our COVID safety protocols and restrictions - especially around distancing, proper face mask worn properly [nose + mouth covered], hand washing, equipment sanitization/wash, no ad-hoc gatherings,

Thanks,

CSC Reopen Team / Excomm