First Junior Fast Track the Week of May 3

jjb...@mindspring.com

Apr 14, 2021, 11:59:49 PM4/14/21
to Cal Sailing Club Announcements

Junior Fast Track is a long-standing CSC tradition. A week of intensive instruction to get you to the Junior rating. Right now we can’t do it the way we’ve done it in the past, but we can do it.

It will be a week of sailing instruction from 5pm to dock time (a half hour before sunset). One student and one instructor per boat (no masks required per CA athletics guidelines, don’t sign up if you’re not comfortable with this). You’ll work on Junior skills and then get a test when you’re ready. If you’re a prodigy and get the rating early in the week, you’ll work on advanced skills moving you toward Senior. Even if you don't get the rating, you'll come out of it a much better sailor.

Requirements

  • Active membership

  • Passed rigging test

  • Commit to attend all five sessions

Signup

Email the coordinator, Marco Falcioni (marcofalcioniATgmail.com). You must have passed the rigging test in order to sign up. You can sign up anytime between now and 6pm on April 19.

There are only 7 slots, so we will use a lottery to select participants from the signups. You will get an email by Wednesday, April 21, telling you whether you got in this time. Don’t despair if  you don’t get in, we’ll have more Fast Tracks during the summer.

We need instructors and testers

Email the coordinator Marco Falcioni (marcofalcioniATgmail.com) if you are available to teach or test, indicating which days work for you. We will need 7 instructors/testers each day, so come out if you can. It’s a great way to give back to the Club and help new members progress.

Going Forward

We will schedule additional Fast Tracks this summer, at least 4 more, maybe 5. We’ll be changing the program as Health Department rules change, increasing the number of slots when we can and maybe even adding food afterwards at some point.

Let’s get out there and go for Junior!