Commercial vs Educational SFW

Cindy Med

Nov 22, 2013, 5:16:10 PM11/22/13
to cs4hsrobo...@googlegroups.com
Wait a minute.  Would the educational software work on the commercial brick?  If you have to buy the software anyway, or is there something different about the 2 bricks?

Jennifer Kay

Nov 23, 2013, 10:11:36 AM11/23/13
to cs4hsrobo...@googlegroups.com
There is nothing different between the educational and commercial BRICKS, the difference is in the software. The commercial software (that is available as a free download) has everything you need to do virtually all of this course. In week 5, I devote a couple of lessons to the special features available in the educational software. But you can do everything else and complete all the projects (and so earn the certificate) with just the commercial version of the software.

Cindy Med

Nov 29, 2013, 11:46:31 AM11/29/13
to cs4hsrobo...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, just wondering if I wanted to be able to do data logging. But I will wait to see what it does first.

Iwizfranchise Bg

Nov 13, 2017, 7:53:54 AM11/13/17
to CS4HS Robots Course Forums
I don't know exactly how it is in the US but in Europe the Educational version is not supported by Corel's technical support.. But the program itself is supposed to be exactly the same, like Thesign Guy said you shouldn't use it for commercial purpose.