Robot build

sb...@thepineschool.org

Nov 24, 2013, 12:00:22 PM11/24/13
to cs4hsrobo...@googlegroups.com
I am on page 16 of the nxt instruction book. I am building the tire. I have check my l shaped piece many times and it is the correct size. I cannot get it to fit around the tire, my tire is too thick. Can anyone help me? Up until now I was cruising right along?

Damien Kee

Nov 24, 2013, 6:08:45 PM11/24/13
to cs4hsrobo...@googlegroups.com
Can you include a picture?

The tires are a tight fit, but should still go on.

sb...@thepineschool.org

Nov 25, 2013, 6:53:36 AM11/25/13
to cs4hsrobo...@googlegroups.com
Thank you I will take one later and post it.
Susan
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

sb...@thepineschool.org

Nov 25, 2013, 3:04:15 PM11/25/13
to cs4hsrobo...@googlegroups.com

Damien Kee

Nov 25, 2013, 5:59:03 PM11/25/13
to cs4hsrobo...@googlegroups.com
You just need to squeeze it on a little more.  The inner lip of the tire should matchup nicely with the grey hub.  I'll try and take a photo tonight when I get the chance.

sb...@thepineschool.org

Nov 25, 2013, 6:03:16 PM11/25/13
to cs4hsrobo...@googlegroups.com
Thank  you so much for your help.
Susan

Damien Kee

Nov 26, 2013, 2:58:00 PM11/26/13
to cs4hsrobo...@googlegroups.com
Sorry, just to check, is the tire not going on the hub correctly or is the wheel (tire+hub) not going on the robot correctly?

sb...@thepineschool.org

Nov 27, 2013, 8:15:57 AM11/27/13
to cs4hsrobo...@googlegroups.com
I cannot get the piece that attaches around the tire to fit with the tire is on the hub. The L piece isn't long enough.

sb...@thepineschool.org

Nov 27, 2013, 9:48:28 AM11/27/13
to cs4hsrobo...@googlegroups.com
Damien,
Success I fee silly, there are actually 2 sizes of tires and hubs. I was using the bigger of the two sizes. Thanks for the help. Now to complete my build.

Damien Kee

Nov 27, 2013, 6:30:47 PM11/27/13
to cs4hsrobo...@googlegroups.com
Not sure that I actually helped, but good to hear you got it sorted :)

androidrobo BG

Nov 13, 2017, 3:53:04 AM11/13/17
to CS4HS Robots Course Forums
no problem first could you relax and check to your tier and tier size the you can fit then this time is failiure, you should change your size.

myrobostation BG

Nov 13, 2017, 6:09:24 AM11/13/17
to CS4HS Robots Course Forums
An electromechanical device which is capable of reacting in some way to its environment, and take autonomous decisions or actions in order to achieve a specific task.
This means that a toaster, a lamp, or a car  would not be considered as robots since they have no way of perceiving their environment. On the other hand, a vacuum cleaner that can navigate around a room, or a solar panel that seeks the sun, can be considered as a robotic system.