Sound on NXT

Johan Hoekstra

Dec 26, 2013, 3:52:07 PM12/26/13
to cs4hsrobo...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I was busy making my robot dance. So I took some parts from a song, put them together in Audacity and saved them as a WAV file. Then I used the WAV2RSO program, to get a RSO-file. However, the last program kept telling me that the file is bigger than 64Kb. I Understand that the NXT has only 64Kb of memory. Does anybody know how to work around this problem? Is there a way to compress files and still use them on the NXT. It would be nice to make the NXT "dance to the music" like Sly and the Family Stone.

Johan

Iwizfranchise Bg

Nov 21, 2017, 12:23:53 AM11/21/17
to CS4HS Robots Course Forums
RobotC firmware queues up to 10 sound items for playback. This allows user programs to initiate playback of a sound item and continue execution without having to wait for a sound item to finish; this mode of operatio nis very desirable for robots where, if you waited for the sound to complete playback, you could be delayed in updating the robot’s motors in reaction to a change in sensors.