NXT Software

Deana White

Jul 1, 2014, 7:10:44 PM7/1/14
to cs4hsrobo...@googlegroups.com
Our Boys and Girls Club has had the NXT Robot kits for several years, but I don't think they have been used a lot.  I have now been assigned with putting together a lesson plan for this project.  I am going through the on-line course and found out that you need computer software.  I can not locate the software that was sent with the kits that we purchased.  Is there anywhere I can download the software for the NXT kits?
Any help would be appreciated.

Iwizfranchise Bg

Nov 13, 2017, 7:56:23 AM11/13/17
to CS4HS Robots Course Forums

Once you’ve downloaded this file, you’ll need to mount it as a Virtual Drive or burn it to disc to install. There are many free programs for mounting and burning, but since they’re third party programs, we can’t suggest any specific software or provide step-by-step instructions.

1. Once you insert the disc in your drive or mount the .ISO as a virtual drive, the “Autorun” window should appear. If it doesn’t, open the disc or virtual CD drive in “My Computer” and double click the file called “setup.exe”

2. Follow the instructions on screen to install the software.

3. You may need to restart your system after the installation is done.

To start the program, double click the MINDSTORMS NXT Software icon on your desktop. The first time you start the program it may take a couple of minutes to be ready.