Future programming resources

Michael Rabourn

Dec 10, 2013, 6:36:26 PM12/10/13
to cs4hsrobo...@googlegroups.com
First, let me say that all of lessons on here have been a great help to me and have clarified many issues I had in the past. However, I plan to move forward with the EV3 software since it appears to be the future of LEGO robotics unless you want to learn RobotC (I don't). So before this course is over, I would like to ask Dr. Kay if she would consider re-teaching something similar using the EV3 software? Also, I would love to get beyond the basics and at least learn the fundamentals of data wires and more advanced programming techniques. Perhaps others on here would also be interested. It is hard to find resources that go into advanced programming techniques.

Jennifer Kay

Dec 11, 2013, 5:14:35 PM12/11/13
to cs4hsrobo...@googlegroups.com
Hi Michael,

Thanks for your kind words about the course - I'm glad you're finding the lessons helpful.

Answers to your questions:

First, if this course proves to be successful, then I'm definitely thinking about creating a new one that uses the EV3 software. (I'll take a moment to remind everyone that it would be very helpful to us if you fill out the surveys so we can get a better idea of how this course is working for you).

Second, when we open up the week 5 material we will include a lot of other resources (on the resources page) for you that offer ways to learn all sorts of things including the more advanced material like data wires.

-- Jennie

Michael Rabourn

Dec 11, 2013, 5:29:52 PM12/11/13
to cs4hsrobo...@googlegroups.com
I am not sure what criteria you are using to define success, but I hope the course meets them. More resources on advanced programming techniques would be appreciated and I would like the opportunity to take your EV3 course should it be offered. I guess everyone likes a robot that moves, but I find the "builds" that have lego parts moving but not the brick itself (ferris wheels, merry-go-rounds, and conveyor belts for example) are often more interesting with regard to programming. The results are sometimes more "reproducible" too since wheel size, equivalence of performance of the two motors,  floor texture etc. don't usually matter.

myrobostation BG

Nov 13, 2017, 6:14:50 AM11/13/17
to CS4HS Robots Course Forums
The main futrue programming is robotic education this very growthing education syatem for universe, this is most affect for youngers and students. It is occupy in lot indusries mobiles schools and more....