Tomorrow's guest lecturer: Ralf Biedert

Elaine

Feb 16, 2012, 6:36:39 PM2/16/12
to cs294-78-s12

Reading: Eye Tracking

The talk consists of three main parts. In the beginning I will talk
about why and how eye tracking works, explaining the basic physiology
of the eye, eye movements and how to measure and track them. The
middle section focusses on the principals of gaze research. It
explains basic concepts of diagnostic and interactive eye tracking
applications and outlines findings in the domain of reading. In the
end I will given an overview of what we did in the domain of textual e-
learning, augmenting the reading experience (also see http://text20.net)
and possible future directions.

Bio
- graduated in computer science from University of Kaiserslautern 2008
- started PhD at German Research Center for Artificial Intelligence
2009
- inventor and lead of the 'Text 2.0' project (addressing the question
"what if text knew that it's being read?")