lazy loading

Maria Jabon

Dec 9, 2008, 12:12:26 AM12/9/08
to CS193H High Performance Web Sites
Does this refer to all the deferred loading techniques, or only

Aravind Narayanan

Dec 9, 2008, 12:30:42 AM12/9/08
to cs193...@googlegroups.com
I think it refers to all deferred loading techniques, Maria.

Gustav Rydstedt

Dec 9, 2008, 1:16:15 AM12/9/08
to cs193...@googlegroups.com
What component in each default syntax hurts performance, and why?

What does this refer to?

Eric Lovett

Dec 9, 2008, 1:14:19 AM12/9/08
to cs193...@googlegroups.com
The inode number (apache) and the changenumber (IIS), since they are frequently variable across servers.

Eric Lovett
etlo...@gmail.com
Cell: (503) 504-6998

Julien Wetterwald

Dec 9, 2008, 1:46:10 AM12/9/08
to CS193H High Performance Web Sites
Which of the techniques does block rendering?

I can't find the answer anywhere. Any idea? The default script tag
obviously blocks rendering, but what about the other techniques?

Thanks,
Julien

On Dec 8, 10:14 pm, "Eric Lovett" <etlov...@gmail.com> wrote:
> The inode number (apache) and the changenumber (IIS), since they are
> frequently variable across servers.
>
> Eric Lovett
> etlov...@gmail.com
> Cell: (503) 504-6998
>
> On Mon, Dec 8, 2008 at 10:16 PM, Gustav Rydstedt

Eric Lovett

Dec 9, 2008, 1:49:29 AM12/9/08
to cs193...@googlegroups.com
Lecture 19, slide 15.

Eric Lovett
etlo...@gmail.com
Cell: (503) 504-6998

Gustav Rydstedt

Dec 9, 2008, 1:52:47 AM12/9/08
to cs193...@googlegroups.com
Script defer in FF and document.write I believe.

CG

Dec 9, 2008, 1:54:27 AM12/9/08
to cs193...@googlegroups.com
You can find this in the handouts: 2-Load Scripts without Blocking, p.9 Table 2-1.

Julien Wetterwald

Dec 9, 2008, 2:09:21 AM12/9/08
to CS193H High Performance Web Sites
Thanks everyone! I didn't see this column in the table for some
reason. It is true that rendering IS a busy indicator.

Cheers,
Julien