Finding out what JS is necessary for rendering...

Maria Jabon

Nov 23, 2008, 11:34:25 PM11/23/08
to CS193H High Performance Web Sites
How do we do this with Firebug again? I can't figure it out....

Aravind Narayanan

Nov 24, 2008, 12:07:42 AM11/24/08
to cs193...@googlegroups.com
http://www.zachleat.com/web/2007/04/18/javascript-code-coverage-tool-for-firebug/

This link explains how to find which code is executing. Is this what you were looking for?

Thanks,
--
Aravind Narayanan | a.cyb...@gmail.com

Steve Souders

Nov 24, 2008, 12:21:01 AM11/24/08
to cs193...@googlegroups.com
Aravind - the JS Code Coverage add-on for Firebug looks great. I'm going to try that out.

Maria - Split the initial payload optimally is hard to do to someone else's code without proper tools. Many times, however, I can look at the document source and see that they have multiple files at the top some of which could be lazy loaded. If you can find any of those it would be good.

-Steve