New "Plugging it in" section on Unplugged site

Tim Bell

Oct 12, 2020, 6:52:37 PM10/12/20
to cs-unplugg...@googlegroups.com

We know that connecting Unplugged activities to programming can be an effective teaching tool, and we’ve just released a major update to our “Plugging it in” section to support this.

The new material is now accessible directly from a link on the Unplugged Site (see “For Students”), or directly from here.

Apart from being more visible, it has in-browser programming, and now supports testing Python programs that students write. Other programming languages are on the to-do list; there’s also quite a bit of support for Scratch in there already, but it doesn’t test the students’ code.

Special thanks to Dana Lambert as well as the Unplugged team for implementing this.

Enjoy,

Tim Bell