Drop-in replacement Issues and Python questions

Andrew Twyman

Feb 16, 2017, 5:36:50 AM2/16/17
to crystax-ndk
Hi!  I'm giving the CrystaX NDK a try on our cross-platform C++ code at Dropbox, and just started reporting issues on the tracker, so thought I should introduce myself and invite feedback/guidance.  Our code was previously built with NDK r11c, GCC 4.9, with GNU STL.  We run with -Werror so any warnings will block our build.

I've reported 3 issues I ran into compiling our code on the bug tracker here:
I'm not sure if these will be considered bugs, but since your stated goal is to be a drop-in replacement I thought it worth sharing them as differences which an adopter has to deal with.  The other difference I'm looking at now is the need to add libcrystax.so, which seems straightforward, but might be worth calling out in a tutorial, since it makes the drop-in replacement not quite seamless.  I'll let you know if I run into anything else.

My goal once I've got things basically working is to experiment with the embedded Python interpreter.  I've found documentation around that to be lacking, so I wonder if you can provide me with any guidance or suggestions there?  Based on earlier posts in this group, I've discovered João Ventura's pybridge repo on GitHub, and his blog posts from 2014 about Python on Android, so I plan to start by looking through those.  Any other tips are welcome.

Andrew