Crash only when android:debuggable="false"

Jeff Archer

May 27, 2016, 2:41:36 PM5/27/16
to crystax-ndk
My JNI_OnLoad() is called and everything appears to work when android:debuggable="true"

Of course, I would like to change this to android:debuggable="false" for release but this causes a crash when my library is being loaded.  In the static method of my java class I am calling System.LoadLibrary("mylib").  When this call is made the JNI_OnLoad() should then be called but it is never called and crash instead when debuggable=false

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.  I am quite at a loss as to how to proceed.

Thanks

Dmitry Moskalchuk

May 27, 2016, 2:44:12 PM5/27/16
to cryst...@googlegroups.com

Hmm, this looks very strange... Let me check how it works with android:debuggable="true". I'll come back soon with results of my investigation.

--
Dmitry Moskalchuk

Dmitry Moskalchuk

Aug 4, 2016, 9:25:21 AM8/4/16
to cryst...@googlegroups.com

Hi Jeff,

I just found this question was remaining unanswered, so I'm answering it now.

This crash was consequence of this bug: https://tracker.crystax.net/issues/1459. It is now fixed, and we've published new patch release 10.3.2, differing from 10.3.1 by this fix only. You can download it and use for release applications, app will not crash anymore even with android:debuggable set to "false".

--
Dmitry Moskalchuk