Crystax Linux build environment

Kai L.

Jan 17, 2017, 4:23:49 AM1/17/17
to crystax-ndk
Hi everyone,

Here is a short question to the Crystax  NDK developers.

Which build environments (Linux Variant) do you use for building on Linux x64 ? And which packages are essential to get the build running as far as you know ?

Background:

I have been trying to build the crystax ndk from sources for Linux x64 (using the instructions on https://www.crystax.net/en/android/ndk) for some while now, but I keep running into all kinds of problems.

I was able to resolve most of these, but not all. (Currently I get build errors for Python due to presumable syntax errors in /usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu/bits/mathcalls.h )

I get the impression that my build environment (Ubuntu 16.04 x64 with my specific set of packages installed) is probably a bit different from the one used bv the main developers.

So, instead of fixing all kinds of low-level problems introduced through these differences, I thought that it's probably easiest to create a reproducible Docker environment for building the Crystax NDK on Linux.

It should be easy to come up with a Dockerfile that sets up a proper minimal build environment ( let's say, Ubuntu 14.04 with a certain set of packages pre-installed) and then launch a build.

My first guess would be to start with Ubuntu 14.04 x64 minimal and then do (at least)

sudo apt-get install git-core gnupg flex bison gperf build-essential \
  zip curl zlib1g
-dev gcc-multilib g++-multilib libc6-dev-i386 \
  lib32ncurses5
-dev x11proto-core-dev libx11-dev lib32z-dev ccache \
  libgl1
-mesa-dev libxml2-utils xsltproc unzip texinfo python2.7 ruby

( This is basically from http://source.android.com/source/initializing.html#setting-up-a-linux-build-environment plus texinfo, python2.7 and ruby ..)

Anything important missing ?

best,

Kai