Markdown table in README.md gets mangled by crystal docs

Steve Baldwin

Nov 18, 2018, 4:43:43 AM11/18/18
to Crystal
Hi all,

I had a table in my README.md file. It looked nice in gitlab but horrible after processing by crystal docs.

I realise tables are not part of the 'vanilla' markdown spec, but they are quite commonly supported by other renderers.

Do I have any options other than taking it out of the README.md ?

Thanks,

Steve

Brian J. Cardiff

Nov 22, 2018, 8:44:03 AM11/22/18
to crysta...@googlegroups.com
Hi Steve,

I thought maybe straight html was supported. But it seems it's not the case either.

If you are planning to publish the docs online, there is nothing stopping you from manually changing the the output, after `crystal docs`, and before publishing.

That is the only workaround I can think of.

Brian J. Cardiff
[email] bcar...@manas.tech
[web] https://manas.tech

Oleh Prypin

Dec 1, 2018, 9:57:18 AM12/1/18
to Crystal
Real example:
I remove the page with the README entirely, but prominently link back to GitHub.