Newbie Questions

t...@kemmart.com

Oct 5, 2018, 9:39:32 AM10/5/18
to Crystal
Hey guys and gals,

Crystal just hit my radar yesterday, and I'm seeing it as a very useful language to work in and learn.
I want to get started migrating an old php project to this weekend, so I can get a feel for it, but I had a couple or really basic questions I was hoping the community might be able to answer before I get started. So here they are.

I know it's early in the process, and these things take time to get developed, it's only recently that there are any decent IDE's for Golang, for example.
But what's the best toolset to use for Crystal right now?

Also is Crystal memory managed?

Thanks.
Message has been deleted

Chris Hobbs

Oct 5, 2018, 10:04:30 AM10/5/18
to crysta...@googlegroups.com
There's no IDE, but there are editor plugins for a lot of popular editors. What's the "best" depends on personal preference and what editors you're familiar with. (Whichever you use, I recommend turning on format on save as crystal has a great autoformatter similar to go)

Also is Crystal memory managed?
Yes, it's a GCed language like Go and Java.

Thanks.