hello! frontend dev with a whishlist

Martin Becze

Oct 28, 2013, 12:46:42 PM10/28/13
to crypto...@googlegroups.com
Hello,
This looks like a really great project that I hope I can use and  possible help. Here are some things I really really want some day.

1) Incentive. I read about it here but its still fuzz to me how this would work. But here is what I want.
    As a dev I want to be able to buy storage and bandwidth for my service
    As a good user I want to donate by buying storage and bandwidth for services I like
    Lastly as some one who has plenty storage and bandwidth, I would like to be able to give some to whitelist services I want to help, backlist I don't services and sell the rest.

2) real time. I would like to send stuff over websockets, which other peers would get in near real time.

3) I do geospatial stuff and will want todo geospatial queries on the data.

Are these things possible in cyrtoshpere as envisioned?

thanks,
-martin

Tony Arcieri

Oct 28, 2013, 2:59:38 PM10/28/13
to crypto...@googlegroups.com
On Mon, Oct 28, 2013 at 9:46 AM, Martin Becze <mjb...@gmail.com> wrote:
1) Incentive. I read about it here but its still fuzz to me how this would work. But here is what I want.
    As a dev I want to be able to buy storage and bandwidth for my service
    As a good user I want to donate by buying storage and bandwidth for services I like
    Lastly as some one who has plenty storage and bandwidth, I would like to be able to give some to whitelist services I want to help, backlist I don't services and sell the rest.

Storage space and bandwidth are tied to individual users/organizations (by their long-term public identities). It's not tied to services/apps, as these are just data.

This sounds slightly different from what you had in mind, but I think the use cases you describe should be possible. You should be able to elect to mirror any data you want and help serve it to others.

2) real time. I would like to send stuff over websockets, which other peers would get in near real time

Definitely!

3) I do geospatial stuff and will want todo geospatial queries on the data.

The closest thing to a query interface it will expose initially is a key/value store. If you can map your data to that model, great! If not, it's probably not going to work for you, at least initially.

--
Tony Arcieri