Issue facing || iOS Platform

Atul Gawali

Sep 27, 2021, 11:08:25 PM9/27/21
to Crypto++ Users
Hi Team,
              I have gone through the djinni flow. I am training to create generic SDKs for iOS and android platforms.

The approach I am trying. In CPP I have a service which interacts with Crypto third party libraries.
And we generating djinni cross platform files and trying to integrate in iOS and android platform.

I am able to integrate in the android platform but facing issues in iOS "Not found for architecture 64". Please find the attached issue screenshot.

In iOS , the hello world program is working fine using djinni, only the issue related to third party framework which is using cpp code and third party framework(CryptoPP) not able to build iOS platform.

Can you please check and let me know where exactly I am doing wrong.
Thanks in advance.

Jeffrey Walton

Sep 28, 2021, 5:21:25 AM9/28/21
to Crypto++ Users List
I had a look at the dropbox/djinni GitHub, but nothing is jumping out
at me. Sorry I cannot help.

For iOS, bue sure your CFLAGS and CXXFLAGS includes '-arch arm64' when
building the library. Here's the script we use to set it during
testing: https://github.com/weidai11/cryptopp/blob/master/TestScripts/setenv-ios.sh.

Also see https://www.cryptopp.com/wiki/IOS_(Command_Line) and
https://www.cryptopp.com/wiki/Universal_Binaries on the wiki.

Jeff

Atul Gawali

Sep 29, 2021, 10:50:07 AM9/29/21
to Crypto++ Users
Thanks for the reply,
Now I am able to build the cryptopp Xcode project.
But now when I am building the project to get libcryptopp.a framework. it not getting black it always showing in red form.
please let me know if I am missing here. I am planning to make a framework so I can use it in the simulator project.
please find attached a screenshot.
Screenshot 2021-09-29 at 8.15.41 PM.png

Jeffrey Walton

Sep 29, 2021, 11:29:33 AM9/29/21
to Crypto++ Users List
On Wed, Sep 29, 2021 at 10:50 AM 'Atul Gawali' via Crypto++ Users <cryptop...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
Now I am able to build the cryptopp Xcode project.
But now when I am building the project to get libcryptopp.a framework. it not getting black it always showing in red form.
please let me know if I am missing here. I am planning to make a framework so I can use it in the simulator project.
please find attached a screenshot.
Screenshot 2021-09-29 at 8.15.41 PM.png

I have not worked with Xcode in a few years. My knowledge is not current.

We have a wiki article at https://cryptopp.com/wiki/IOS_(Xcode), but it covers older versions of Xcode.

I imagine Stack Overflow has questions/answers on adding a library to a Xcode project nowadays.

One thing looks odd (to me). Both the static library (libcryptopp.a) and shared object (libcryptopp.dylib) are present. It seems to me one or the other should be used, but not both. Maybe that's what Apple wants nowadays. But like I said, I am not current with using Xcode.

Jeff