3rd Skinny Cryptanalysis Competition

Stefan Koelbl

Mar 28, 2018, 2:17:45 PM3/28/18
to crypto-co...@googlegroups.com

Dear all,

We would like to announce the opening of the 3rd Skinny cryptanalysis competition. This time we want to try out something different from our previous competitions and put the focus on practical attacks.

The task is to recover a secret 128-bit key from a small set of plaintext/ciphertext pairs (2^20) for round-reduced versions of Skinny-64 and Skinny-128. The team which breaks the most rounds of Skinny-64 or Skinny-128 until February 28, 2019 will be announced as the winner. Additionally, we will reward the team which provides the most interesting/innovative cryptanalysis in this setting.

You can find more information on the competition on our website: https://sites.google.com/site/skinnycipher/cryptanalysis-competition/2018-2019-competition

Note that the challenges will only be released on Sunday, 1st of April, so you can already prepare! :-)

Regards,

The Skinny team.