AEZ v5

Phillip Rogaway

Mar 26, 2017, 1:45:56 PM3/26/17
to crypto-co...@googlegroups.com
Dear Colleagues,

on this mailing list (12 March 2017), please find attached
an updated version of the AEZ spec, as well as updated
software.

The change made was to simplify the tweakable blockcipher "E"
(lines 400-405 of the pseudocode on p.7). An explanation for
the change is given at the bottom of p.9 and in the change-log
on p.21.

The same material as what's attached is available at the
AEZ homepage, http://web.cs.ucdavis.edu/~rogaway/aez/

Thanks again to Xavier Bonnetain, Patrick Derbez,
Sébastien Duval, Jérémy Jean, Gaëtan Leurent, Brice Minaud
and Valentin Suder.

Viet Tung Hoang
Ted Krovetz
Phillip Rogaway

AEZv5.pdf
aez5_software.zip

Ted Krovetz

Jul 26, 2017, 2:36:48 PM7/26/17
to Cryptographic competitions, eb...@list.cr.yp.to, Phillip Rogaway, Hoang Viet Tung
Please update SUPERCOP with the code in the enclosed zip.

- It includes a bugfix for aezv4/aesni that was keeping it from compiling on ARM.

- It includes aezv5 which we submitted to CEASAR in March but was never picked up.

Please update the CAESAR page with the enclosed pdf.

- It includes the aezv5 spec which we submitted to CEASAR in March but was never picked up.

Thank you,
crypto_aead.zip
AEZv5.pdf