Help fund the future of cryptocurrency software

CryptFolio

Apr 29, 2015, 8:14:50 AM4/29/15
to cryptfoli...@googlegroups.com

CryptFolio is based on the open source software Openclerk, and I think it needs a new user experience and a new user interface.

But the software is only developed in my spare time; it's enough for maintenance, but not enough to really shake things up. I think Openclerk can be more than just personal finance software, more than just creating reports and doing tax.

I need your help.

Today I'm launching a Kickstarter to fund full-time development of Openclerk, to reimagine the user experience, and to make it easier for anyone to install their own private copy.

Through the Kickstarter you'll be able to access unique rewards and experiences, such as an exclusive "supporters" badge on CryptFolio, permanent premium membership, or becoming an official sponsor. You can also contribute with Bitcoin, Litecoin or Dogecoin.

At the end of this project, Openclerk/CryptFolio (currently version 0.35) will be released at version 1.0, and have:

  • A new user experience (UX), based on feedback from surveys and workshops
  • A modern and accessible new user interface
  • A new responsive interface, suitable for use on mobile
  • Compatibility with screen-readers and other assistive technologies
  • A richer API based on Openclerk components to create new tools
  • Tutorials and guides on how to use Openclerk/CryptFolio more effectively
  • Tutorials and guides on how to install your own instance
  • New dedicated build and test servers, to improve software quality
  • All code and assets released as open source on GitHub, under GPL v3

If you've been waiting for CryptFolio to support a currency, service or exchange, this is your best opportunity to sponsor these features. Over the next twelve weeks, you'll see your support reflected on CryptFolio, and I hope you'll get involved.

Thank you!

Jevon Wright, lead developer