Introduction

Ian Malloy

Feb 11, 2017, 2:52:45 PM2/11/17
to Cryptanalytic algorithms
My name is Ian Malloy and I recently completed an M.Sc. degree at Utica College in cyber security, with a specialization in cyber operations.

My M.Sc. thesis can be found here: https://arxiv.org/ftp/arxiv/papers/1610/1610.01734.pdf

My current research is in PQC with my colleague Dennis Hollenbeck.  We have been actively researching and developing a scheme derived in part from my MS thesis to produce a PQC scheme.  I've also been working to implement a quantum algorithm using IBM's quantum processor using both Shor's algorithm and Grover's search for an unknown number of solutions.

This research is available as a pre-print here: https://arxiv.org/abs/1608.04993

I look forward to following the discussions in this group, and hope to contribute when possible.

Ian Malloy

Feb 11, 2017, 4:03:10 PM2/11/17
to Cryptanalytic algorithms
To add more context to my current research, I am exploring the following:

1 - What issues may arise from underlying group structures of NTRU lattices?

2 - Can any sort of generalization be made w.r.t geometric objects relying on the mathematics of gluing compared to folding?

3 - Is it feasible to incorporate quantum complexity (BQP) in PQC security assertions, given that the BQP complexity class is not well understood relative to the NP complexity class (as of 2008)?

4 - Is there an alternative geometric object that warrants further study, having been well studied mathematically but not in terms of cryptographic applications?