Service discovering not working for others namespaces

Ludovic Bertin

Nov 24, 2021, 11:02:47 AM11/24/21
to Cryostat Development List
Hi,

i'm currently testing Cryostat on Openshift 4.8.
It works well if I create an application inside the same namespace.
But any application created in another namespace is not discovered.

Is there any special config to be made to activate all-namespaces discovery ?

Thanks in advance for your help
Ludo

Elliott Baron

Nov 26, 2021, 10:34:29 AM11/26/21
to Ludovic Bertin, Cryostat Development List
Hi Ludo,

On 2021-11-24 6:00 a.m., Ludovic Bertin wrote:
> Hi,
>
> i'm currently testing Cryostat on Openshift 4.8.
> It works well if I create an application inside the same namespace.
> But any application created in another namespace is not discovered.
>
> Is there any special config to be made to activate all-namespaces
> discovery ?

Currently, Cryostat can only discover and communicate with pods in its
own namespace. The only solution would be to deploy Cryostat in each
namespace you wish to use it in.

There's definitely merit in expanding Cryostat's capabilities to work
with multiple or all namespaces in the cluster. We haven't done this yet
because it introduces security concerns if the cluster is a multi-tenant
one. We'll keep this request in mind for feature planning in the future
though.

Thanks,
Elliott