Inconsistent results running crux examples

Dengxun Lai

Sep 13, 2019, 9:31:07 PM9/13/19
to crux-users
Hi there,

I installed crux (version 3.2) and ran the example data follow the pipelines on the crux website. However, the results showed "Found 0 test set PSMs with q<0.1" whereas on the website it showed "Found 54 test set PSMs with q<0.1.". Is that because of the different versions (v3.2 vs v2.1). Thanks!

Sincerely,
Alex

William S Noble

Sep 15, 2019, 8:32:08 PM9/15/19
to Dengxun Lai, crux-users
Doh!  You are right, sorry about that. We recently updated Tide to use more sensible default search parameters in line with modern instrumentation. But that sample file is pretty old. We will update the tutorial to use a better data set.

Bill