Tide index unable to specify a modification that prevents cleavage

Joseph Harrison

Nov 18, 2020, 8:10:59 PM11/18/20
to crux-users
Hi Team Crux,

   Here is the error I am getting. Figured I would let you know about this bug, though you might already be aware of it.  I don't think it is very critical though. Thanks for your hard work and great software

INFO: Error: couldn't parse modification specification:

INFO: C+57.021464,2K+114.0429:T:T,1M+15.99492,1STY+79.966331

INFO:                                                  ^

INFO: Expected amino acid symbol.

Joe

William S Noble

Nov 18, 2020, 8:24:02 PM11/18/20
to Joseph Harrison, crux-users
Hmm, I think it is expecting square brackets around the modification specifications. Can you say a bit more about how you generated the input file and what program you are running?

Bill

Rita Chupalov

Feb 11, 2021, 12:56:33 AMFeb 11
to crux-users
Hi Joseph,
the problem is in the :T:T flags in 2K+114.0429:T:T modspec. These cleavage prevention indicators were used only by the search-for-xlinks crux app that is not supported any more and these T flags are not supported as well.
Sorry if the documentation is confusing, we will update it to prevent this misunderstanding.