Problems with data in odm.json

Jacob Powers

Sep 7, 2015, 3:36:05 PM9/7/15
to crunchbase-api
So I was trying to play around with the crunchbase ODM json data and ran into some problems trying to parse it.

After cleaning the leading and trailing strings and license info, the JSON data appears to be invalid due to a mismatch of opening/closing braces.  I tested for escaped braces '\}' to make sure my parser wasn't being thrown off, but found none.

Is there a reason that this snapshot has 3 more opening braces than closing, is it bad data, or am I making some trivial mistake since I'm new to python?

Here's the snippet which shows how I cleaned the data for parsing: