Bug: Search by name does not work for some organizations

Kristjan Roosild

Oct 20, 2015, 10:14:37 AM10/20/15
to crunchbase-api
Search by name does not work for some organizations.

Example:

Aaron Conran

Oct 20, 2015, 10:28:04 AM10/20/15
to crunchb...@googlegroups.com
I've noticed that the search seemed to have regressions with the changes that were put into place roughly 2 weeks ago. The full-text search for organizations that was previously working no longer works.

Here is an example (easy to find more if you have some sort of autocomplete selectbox)

Searching for "moovw" or "moovwe" will not find "moovweb"

Here's a search for "moovw"

vs the full search for "moovweb"

sim...@crunchbase.com

Oct 20, 2015, 1:43:26 PM10/20/15
to crunchbase-api
Hi Kristjan, the full text search can be delayed a bit sometimes. We regenerate changes(Deltas) every hour.

Nicholas Vandrey

Oct 21, 2015, 6:43:25 AM10/21/15
to crunchbase-api
We're continuing to experience issues with searching for organizations by name. Two examples:

MiniBrake - https://www.crunchbase.com/organization/minibrake#/entity
Voodoo - https://www.crunchbase.com/organization/voodoo#/entity

The API yields no results.

sim...@crunchbase.com

Oct 21, 2015, 1:46:40 PM10/21/15
to crunchbase-api
can you check now? We changed a bit the schedule and the refresh task.
Now http://api.crunchbase.com/v/3/organizations?name=voodoo&user_key= should return the voodoo (and other companies).