API rate limits

Arturo Sánchez Correa

Sep 9, 2015, 7:11:33 AM9/9/15
to crunchbase-api
Hi,

Are rate limits documented somewhere in the API page? I have looked for that info but couldn't find anything. I'm after this because I sometimes get 401 error codes and I believe it could be associated to me infringing some rate limit.

Thanks!

Andreas Harth

Sep 12, 2015, 9:09:41 AM9/12/15
to crunchb...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
we run into the same issue.

RFC 6585 [1] defines a nice way to inform user agents about a rate
limit: return "429 Too Many Requests", and specify in the Retry-After
Header how long the user agent has to wait before requests will succeed
again.

For now we'd be happy to know the exact rate limit, so that we can
tune our request rate.

Cheers,
Andreas.

[1] http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6585

kurt

Sep 14, 2015, 5:07:52 PM9/14/15
to crunchbase-api
For "regular" access to the API (non Commercial / CBVP), the rate limit is 60 requests / minute.