Graph creation never ends...

Constantin

Oct 8, 2017, 6:01:24 AM10/8/17
to Cruiser Users
I'm clicking on "Create graph", then select file "italy-latest.osm.pbf" (1,28GB), then select an empty folder, then click "Save". At the bottom of the Cruiser window, I see "Creating graph" and  there's the green pixels running right forever (after 4 hours I've closed everything, that's bullshit).
I have an i7 2600 cpu and 32GB ram on a 512GB ssd (Crucial M550).

What's wrong ?

Emux

Oct 8, 2017, 6:54:03 AM10/8/17
to cruise...@googlegroups.com
Depending on your operating system, can try to give more memory to Java process that runs the application and creates the graph (specially for large countries).

See the .sh or .bat files and change the -Xmx value to something much larger, then start the application with that executable.

e.g. with 32GB can try: -Xmx16g

--
Emux

Constantin

Oct 9, 2017, 11:45:28 AM10/9/17
to Cruiser Users
Windows 7 x64. Do I have to modify something in the file "graph.properties" ?

Emux

Oct 9, 2017, 12:31:25 PM10/9/17
to cruise...@googlegroups.com
In Windows can change the bat file and setting larger -Xmx value.
Then run the app via the bat file.

The graph.properties file allows adjustment of the created graph and comes from GraphHopper sample.

Here it activates more vehicles (car, foot, bike, motorcycle) and some advanced options.

e.g. if low in memory or for large areas can try memory mapped graph creation (see here) via changing the graph.dataaccess with e.g.:
graph.dataaccess=MMAP_STORE

Since having large memory, better start first by changing -Xmx and run via .bat file.

--
Emux

Constantin

Oct 9, 2017, 1:13:46 PM10/9/17
to Cruiser Users

I've modified both .sh and .bat file (wrote in both of them the value "-Xmx16384M", because when I've wrote "16g" gave me an memory error message - "-gl" versions too) an running directly "cruiser.exe" through link, but in Task Manager I see only "javaw.exe", so I suppose it reads the .sh file. However, in this moment, it's more than an hour that it still sits on "Creating graph"...

Emux

Oct 9, 2017, 1:18:48 PM10/9/17
to cruise...@googlegroups.com
Cruiser .exe files use the default -Xmx1024M setting.

You need to run the app via the .bat or .sh files in order for their changed settings to work.
Either via command line or double click them.

--
Emux

Constantin

Oct 9, 2017, 1:30:27 PM10/9/17
to Cruiser Users
OK, I'm trying now via the .bat file.

Constantin

Oct 9, 2017, 1:38:07 PM10/9/17
to Cruiser Users

Less than 5 (five !) minutes. I'm a goat. Thanks a lot, you are a valid nerd :-)

naum...@gmail.com

Dec 17, 2018, 6:10:25 AM12/17/18
to Cruiser Users
Hallo,

wie lange dauert ungefähr die Erstellung eines Graphs mit germany-latest.osm.pbf 2,85 GB?
Betriebssystem: Win 10, 16 GB RAM, AMD FX 8320 @ 4,0GHz cruiser.sh bzw. cruiser-gl.sh auf "java -Xmx8192M -jar cruiser-gl.jar" eingestellt.
Es lässt sich kein Fortschritt bei der Erstellung erkennen.

Hello,

how long does it take to create a graph with germany-latest.osm.pbf 2,85 GB?
Operating system: Win 10, 16 GB RAM, AMD FX 8320 @ 4,0GHz cruiser.sh or cruiser-gl.sh set to "java -Xmx8192M -jar cruiser-gl.jar".
No progress can be seen in the creation.

Emux

Dec 17, 2018, 6:16:03 AM12/17/18
to cruise...@googlegroups.com
Graph creation for large areas with dense road network can take significant time.

How do you run Cruiser, using the sh executables on Windows?
Need to change the executables used for run, either bat or sh.

--
Emux

naum...@gmail.com

Dec 17, 2018, 6:36:46 AM12/17/18
to Cruiser Users
Danke, der Fehler lag wie immer vorm Bildschirm. :)
Ich habe die bat - Datei vergessen.

Thank you, the error was as always in front of the screen. :)
I forgot the bat file.