Cruiser download URL

sv...@sammyshp.de

Dec 12, 2022, 9:34:19 AM12/12/22
to Cruiser Users
Hi,

I'm the maintainer of the Arch Linux AUR package for cruiser [1].

In the past the archive file was hosted at https://www.talent.gr/public/cruiser/…, but now it is hosted at Dropbox. Unfortunately this makes it impossible for me to updated the package because it needs a directly accessible URL to download the file.

Can you find a better location for the file, maybe GitHub release assets?

Sven

Emux

Dec 12, 2022, 9:58:10 AM12/12/22
to cruise...@googlegroups.com
Hi Sven,

Thanks for the report, I know the Arch Linux AUR package for Cruiser.

GitHub does not seem to allow hosting external files?

Cruiser zip has some size and does not have a GitHub source repository.
(although it may be open sourced in the future)

--
Emux

sv...@sammyshp.de

Dec 14, 2022, 10:33:05 AM12/14/22
to Cruiser Users
You can create releases in GitHub and upload files up to 2 GB:

As long as cruiser is not open source, you can create a new repository and upload something like a changelog for every release and use that commit as a release with the ZIP archive.
Message has been deleted

Emux

Dec 14, 2022, 11:43:59 AM12/14/22
to cruise...@googlegroups.com
Hi Sven,

Thanks, I will see what is possible.

For now, the zip will also be available at the previous location,
for easier maintenance of Arch Linux AUR package for Cruiser.

--
Emux

Emux

Dec 22, 2022, 11:56:21 AM12/22/22