Re: [cruiser-users] Features/Fixes Roadmap

Message has been deleted

Emux

Dec 27, 2022, 8:38:34 AM12/27/22
to cruise...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for this topic!

App 1. The Search is currently under review and will be significantly improved in future releases.

First improvements are already available: search coordinates (lat,lon or lon,lat), what3words,
plus codes (global and local), results show the distance from user / map center, etc.

You can expect in one place, simple and easy:
- Search favorites
- Search offline POI

App 2. Nice idea, navigation operation and interface can certainly change as we like.

(one of the benefits of the homemade implementation!)

App 2a. Can you share more details, Android version, device model?
               What function you do in the app when seeing this behavior?

Maybe the screen buttons are in auto-hide mode and you happened to press just as they disappear?

App 3. The offline POI were just included in Cruiser, so a better integration will exist with routing, search, etc.

App 4. Interesting suggestion, such data usually comes from the route.
Follow mode simply follows user location, only navigation analyzes the route data, speeds, streets, etc.
We need to think about such a connection and how it might work...

Desktop 1: Desktop (Java) allows multiple selection in lists.

- Ctrl + click: partial selection
- Shift + click: continuous selection

Perhaps I could add an explicit clear (all) function?

Desktop 2: I think we had discussed this (I write all user suggestions) and how a different workflow can avoid this.
Perhaps a pressed key (?) can only activate the drag.

Thanks again for this very useful discussion!

Please continue writing ideas and suggestions about how you would like to use the app more easily!

The focus is always, apart from adding more features, to simplify Cruiser, user interface, settings, etc.

--
Emux
Message has been deleted

Emux

Dec 27, 2022, 11:50:59 AM12/27/22
to cruise...@googlegroups.com
> I've found that identical Lat/Lon does not create dupes

Indeed, there is a check on favorites, they are considered "different" when:

- They have different name

- They have different coordinates (0.000001 precision)

--
Emux

WolfgangS

Dec 28, 2022, 4:57:24 AM12/28/22
to Cruiser Users
Not really using POIs and Favorites,  and not using Cruiser desktop the only point I can comment is

>App 4
. Interesting suggestion, such data usually comes from the route.
>Follow mode simply follows user location, only navigation analyzes the route data, speeds, streets, etc.
>We need to think about such a connection and how it might work...

To display the current speed limit I use Tempo Master since 2021 and I'm satisfied, although there are lots of missing or wrong defined speed limits in OSM. The Tempo Master informations is an overlay of the navigation screen (see attachment). It just displays the current speed limit regardless of navigation or follow mode or off route ...
Possibly the procedure (downloaded database of OSM data) can be adapted for Cruiser or even a cooperation with Tempo Master can be established.
2022-12-28 10_36_07-Wegpunktansage - Discussion _ Android App - Kurviger Forum.jpg

Emux

Dec 28, 2022, 5:05:59 AM12/28/22
to cruise...@googlegroups.com
Desktop Cruiser has been around before the Android version for many years.

It is used by many creators to test their Mapsforge / VTM map and themes.
e.g. OpenAndroMaps, Freizeitkarte, ...

> Possibly the procedure (downloaded database of OSM data) can be adapted for Cruiser

Currently speed limits (and street names) are provided by the calculated route.
Another solution using "some" OSM data directly would actually be better!

--
Emux

Emux

Dec 28, 2022, 7:30:14 AM12/28/22
to Cruiser Users
> Desktop 2: Favorites easily moved by left-click+drag - leading to accidentally moving them when dragging around the map.

In the next version of the Desktop Cruiser, dragging markers (waypoints, favorites) will also require pressing the Ctrl button.
Would this help drag the map or markers better?

Willy

Dec 28, 2022, 8:32:39 AM12/28/22
to Cruiser Users
With the current mode of operation, I have not yet moved an individual wpt inadvertently.  Only use the laptop with its very decent touchpad this in combination with the ←↑↓ → keys and + and - zoom key.  Simple, no key combinations necessary and so nothing to 'moan' about.  A ↶ ↷ undo redo function button seems more desirable to me. That way you quickly correct any mishap.

Emux

Dec 28, 2022, 8:42:45 AM12/28/22
to cruise...@googlegroups.com
We cannot use the Ctrl key...

In OpenGL:
- Ctrl + left mouse rotate / tilt the map
- Shift + left mouse zoom the map

We could use the F1 key.

> A ↶ ↷ undo redo function button seems more desirable to me. That way you quickly correct any mishap.

There is already a routing history (similar to browser history).

Undo / redo functions could probably be easier to use at the expense of extra buttons on screen.

--
Emux
Message has been deleted

Emux

Dec 28, 2022, 9:18:49 AM12/28/22
to cruise...@googlegroups.com
Cruiser already provides context menus when right click on elements (waypoints, favorites, route, etc.)
with specific actions for each element type.

Right click + move is probably too much, as it requires a crosshair implementation.
Android Cruiser had long press + drag markers, but drag via touch is not precise.

On desktop the move with mouse is universal and much more convenient.
We just need to split the move map vs markers with a clever method, like an extra key.

--
Emux

Emux

Dec 28, 2022, 9:32:16 AM12/28/22
to cruise...@googlegroups.com
Keyboard shortcuts

Home : reset map position (OpenGL)

Arrows : move map

+ - : zoom map

WSAD : zoom map (OpenGL)

Shift + mouse drag : zoom map (OpenGL)

Ctrl + mouse drag : rotate / tilt map (OpenGL)

123456 : map themes

B : 3D buildings on / off

G : tile grid on / off

F5 : reload map / theme (useful in map / theme tests)

--
Emux

Emux

Dec 28, 2022, 11:21:39 AM12/28/22
to cruise...@googlegroups.com
Keyboard shortcuts are available on the Cruiser website:

https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Cruiser

--
Emux

Emux

Dec 30, 2022, 9:56:52 AM12/30/22
to Cruiser Users
> Desktop 1: No "clear" function for Favorites
> Desktop 2: Favorites easily moved by left-click+drag - leading to accidentally moving them when dragging around the map.

Both are implemented in Cruiser 3.0.7.

Tab + mouse drag : Move waypoints, favorites

All keyboard shortcuts are available on the Cruiser website.

Willy

Dec 30, 2022, 1:16:52 PM12/30/22
to Cruiser Users
Cruiser  3.07 laptop - update experience.
Unfortunate but almost the first time I've noticed  an update makes for a poorer experience. What used to be comfortably possible, rearranging planner points, has now become more (too) difficult this with a laptop with an otherwise excellent touchpad.  The distance between tab and bottom-left corner of the touchpad is 17cm, and you now have to press both simultaneously to simply drag a planner point (or favourite wpt) with the right hand in another position. The familiar planning comfort is so clearly less. If you don't plan in a hurry but carefully,  you won't drag a planner point or a favourite unintentionally (with the emphasis so on wild). Surprisingly,  but a not so pleasant update experience this time.

Op vrijdag 30 december 2022 om 15:56:52 UTC+1 schreef Emux:
Message has been deleted

Willy

Dec 30, 2022, 1:22:29 PM12/30/22
to Cruiser Users
Thanks - works a treat :)
You like mice, then ;-)

Op vrijdag 30 december 2022 om 19:17:17 UTC+1 schreef MotoRiderUK:
Thanks - works a treat :)

Emux

Dec 30, 2022, 1:25:20 PM12/30/22
to cruise...@googlegroups.com
Nothing is final in development and I am always available for ideas and improvements. :)

There could be a new setting, though I prefer to avoid it and find another "clever" way.

--
Emux

Willy

Dec 30, 2022, 2:02:25 PM12/30/22
to Cruiser Users
@ MotoriderUK.
A bit difficult because the translation may come across as wrong.
Sir,  Mices like the ones in the attached picture are popular at home.
Officially a Bouchée, but in the local vernacular called chocolate mice.
Irresistible. These are  the ones what makes you all go wild ;-)

Op vrijdag 30 december 2022 om 19:25:20 UTC+1 schreef Emux:
Bouchees.png
Message has been deleted

Angel AG

Dec 30, 2022, 4:58:12 PM12/30/22
to Cruiser Users

Sorry for intruding on the conversation.
I'm reading and I don't quite understand (google translate things) is there a possibility of having Cruiser on the computer to create my routes?
El viernes, 30 de diciembre de 2022 a las 20:29:09 UTC+1, MotoRiderUK escribió:
Mice, Meece, Mouse - I've actually yet to use just the laptop and its trackpad, preferring to take a mini USB mouse with me - but all my Cruiser Desktop usage thus far has been on the "desktop" PC.  I think the moving of Favorites should require some additional protection, either via a keypress or confirmation dialogue.  Keypress seemed the less intrusive (eg: "Are you sure?" , "Are you really sure?" et al).

A right-click and a "Move" option in a context menu would probably be the most sensible method, but Emus said that my suggestion of an elastic line or target wouldn't work.  I certainly think that if you're going to change a marker on the map that could affect multiple routes/planning, it really should be obvious that it's happened :)

Willy

Dec 31, 2022, 2:11:30 AM12/31/22
to Cruiser Users
There could be a new setting, though I prefer to avoid it and find another "clever" way.
Suggestion.
 Protect imported fixed waypoints under the Favourites menu
- Handle the fleeting waypoints in the Routing menu as before.

Emux

Dec 31, 2022, 3:26:53 AM12/31/22
to cruise...@googlegroups.com
> I'm reading and I don't quite understand (google translate things) is there a possibility of having Cruiser on the computer to create my routes?

Desktop Cruiser is available here: https://github.com/devemux86/cruiser/releases

Cruiser currently provides the routing services:

- BRouter (offline) [Android]
- BRouter
- bikerouter.de
- CycleStreets (UK)
- GraphHopper (offline)
- GraphHopper
- MapQuest
- OpenRouteService
- OSRM

On desktop you can also use their websites (see the above links).

More routing services are planned in future releases.

--
Emux