graphhopper data for Crusier2.x versions

km14...@gmail.com

Feb 15, 2022, 12:04:18 PM2/15/22
to Cruiser Users

I'm trying to generate graphhopper graphs for the Cruiser 2.x version.

For now I've given up on Brouter. While I can beat on in and make it work
sometimes. But I need navigation for (car, truck, rv), not bicycle, moped. Just
to get to the nearest airport which is straight line distance of 70km, or routed
distance of 142km, I have to switch back to Cruiser1.11 and use graphhopper,
create a route, uninstall cruiser1.11, install Cruiser2.x, import route or track.
Crazy, but do-able. But is certainly easier than looking for a place that has
cell service/wifi so I can route plan to import into Cruisr2.x

I generated graphhopper graphs using the following command line.

java -Xmx4G -jar graphhopper-fat-jar-1.0.jar config=config.txt osmreader.osm=.\src\%1.pbf

config.txt contains....
----
graph.flagEncoders=car
graph.flagEncoders=car|turnCosts=true
prepare.chWeighting=no
----
This generates graphhopper graphs just fine, but I always get
"invalid route data" when I set the graph directory in the Cruiser menu.
I've tried this in Cruiser1.7, Cruiser1.11, Cruiser2.x.

I've search the java source code for the message "invalid route data"
and found nothing. Is there anyone with knowledge of Graphhopper
that know why this message would be triggered?

Any suggestions for additional experiments is appreciated, but I'm
hoping someone has a deeper understanding of what triggers
the message "invalid routing data".

Thx.
Kevin

Emux

Feb 15, 2022, 12:27:42 PM2/15/22
to cruise...@googlegroups.com
Cruiser web site mentions that you need GraphHopper 1.0.

GraphHopper 1.0 config.yml also exists in mapsforge-creator:
https://github.com/mapsforge/mapsforge-creator/blob/master/config.yml

mapsforge-creator script mentions the proper jar and command line:
https://github.com/mapsforge/mapsforge-creator/blob/master/map-creator.sh

--
Emux