SD card and Android 6.0.1

fzk

Oct 20, 2016, 2:43:23 PM10/20/16
to Cruiser Users
After an upgrade to Android 6.0.1 Cruiser 1.4.11 does not see the SD card any more. It is not possible to select maps (or themes) because Cruiser only shows the internal memory "/storage/emulated/0" but not the external SD card "/storage/771A-1B0A". The problem is, that it seems that there is no way to navigate to "/storage". Any ideas?

Cheers Klaus

PS: Other apps are able to see and use the SD card.

Emux

Oct 20, 2016, 3:07:35 PM10/20/16
to fzk, Cruiser Users
Hi Klaus,

Thanks for the report and sorry for the inconvenience!

Android 6 introduced some new directives, I'll see fixing it in next version.

--
Emux

Michael B

Oct 27, 2016, 5:55:14 PM10/27/16
to Cruiser Users, freize...@googlemail.com
Fixed indeed.

Lukáš Jeřábek

Dec 30, 2019, 1:22:34 PM12/30/19
to Cruiser Users
Hi, I don't see SD card in file browser on android 4.4.4 in Cruiser 1.9?
Should this still work on Kitekat?

Emux

Jan 1, 2020, 3:51:06 PM1/1/20
to cruise...@googlegroups.com
> I don't see SD card in file browser on android 4.4.4 in Cruiser 1.9?

With which app function, like when open map file?

Did it work with previous Cruiser 1.8 and not now?

And can you mention which mobile device is that?

Lukáš Jeřábek

Jan 2, 2020, 1:02:41 PM1/2/20
to Cruiser Users
Unfortunately I didn't check 1.8.
SD card is not visible on map file or style file selection.
The device is Lenovo P70.
I've checked it on Samsung A20 with Android 9 too and it works.

Emux

Jan 2, 2020, 1:43:28 PM1/2/20
to cruise...@googlegroups.com
From Android 4.4 KitKat there are methods in Android for apps to get a list of available storage including the SD cards.

But some manufacturers may decide to not export properly the SD folder via the standard API, causing such problems.

--
Emux