Cruiser Desktop 2.0 display size setting

tbs....@gmail.com

May 27, 2021, 1:39:56 PMMay 27
to Cruiser Users
Hi Emux,
thanks for the new version.
I saw that it now has a new display size setting and hoped that this would be the return of the "display scale" setting of earlier versions where I could set the tile size. But whatever I set it, it doesn't change anything (with or without app restart). Windows 10, Java Build 1.8.0_291-b10.
Not as important, but I also like the app theme setting which is now missing.
Best regards,
Tobias

Emux

May 28, 2021, 3:15:21 AMMay 28
to cruise...@googlegroups.com
The "Display size" setting changes the size of the vector map symbols.

Like the "Font size" setting changes the size of the vector map labels.

The app theme did not work correctly in dark system themes.
It may return in the future with an improved implementation.

--
Emux

tbs....@gmail.com

May 28, 2021, 5:07:47 PMMay 28
to Cruiser Users
Thanks Emux!
Display size works as described, just tested in an area before with little symbols.
Any chance of getting "display scale" and adjustable tile sizes back? Adjusting fonts and symbols is better than nothing, but especially for designing themes it's nice to have the same proportions and sizes as on mobile devices.

Emux

May 29, 2021, 7:49:48 AMMay 29
to cruise...@googlegroups.com
The old "Display scale" was too much of a problem for what it could offer.

An adjustable tile size could be useful, at least in some 4K screens.
Now the vector tile size is 512px and not automatic like on Android.

--
Emux

Tobias Kühn

May 29, 2021, 8:19:31 AMMay 29
to Cruiser Users
Display scale worked fine for me. Current 512px tiles are also not so good for classic ppi like 96, 256px was better there. Maybe offer at least 256px, 512px and 768px?

Emux

May 29, 2021, 8:57:17 AMMay 29
to cruise...@googlegroups.com
The "Display scale" was a very old setting in previous years.
It did not even exist in the previous app version.

If there is a need, I need to think of a better / different way to scale the map on desktop.

--
Emux

tbs....@gmail.com

May 30, 2021, 11:12:14 AMMay 30
to Cruiser Users
Yes I know that's why I'm using an old version of Cruiser for theme testing. And that's why I was hoping "display size" would be something similar. So at least for me it's important, especially since the adjustable tile sizes work so great on Android to have a map which looks identical on all devices, it makes sense to have that for desktop top - if not automatically, at least as a setting.