how to route?

Apple Pine

Nov 6, 2022, 6:25:23 AM11/6/22
to Cruiser Users
I can't find a FAQ. i have installed the app from play store. i have also downloaded map-file and graphhopper-files. it still says i have to pay for the app.

Emux

Nov 6, 2022, 6:43:23 AM11/6/22
to cruise...@googlegroups.com
Long press on the map to set waypoints and calculate a route.
(select a routing service in "Settings | Routing")

The subscription offers voice navigation, GPS recording, no ads.
And it has a free trial to test everything.

Map files can be loaded with menu "Map | Open maps".
Graphs folders can be loaded with menu "Routing | Open graph" (unzip the graph).

You can also try the offline routing with BRouter app.

--
Emux

Apple Pine

Nov 6, 2022, 7:28:58 AM11/6/22
to Cruiser Users
awesome, long press set as start set as target, but how can i navigate (with routing i have meant navigating) without paying? i don't need voice.

this way i have to keep an eye on the red dot to see where i want to go.

If you are not interested in voice guidance and simply want to follow the route,
you can use the follow location mode:
long press on the location button to turn it on / off and the map will follow your movement.

Please let's have the discussion in the public forum so that all users benefit.

Regards

Apple Pine

Nov 6, 2022, 7:29:49 AM11/6/22
to Cruiser Users
had to press on "answer everyone"

Jürgen Dörr

Nov 6, 2022, 7:50:04 AM11/6/22
to Apple Pine, Cruiser Users
That is the business model, Apple Pine - the navigation feature is available for 10€ per year - which is less than 1€ per month.
Not sure why everyone thinks every feature must be available for free - but this not an open source project where a whole community is contributing to in their free time - the development of this tool is paid by this little money!

Emux

Nov 6, 2022, 10:09:03 AM11/6/22
to cruise...@googlegroups.com
> Not sure why everyone thinks every feature must be available for free - but this not an open source project where a whole community is contributing to in their free time - the development of this tool is paid by this little money!

Maybe in the future I will open source the Cruiser platform.

--
Emux

Apple Pine

Nov 6, 2022, 10:13:09 AM11/6/22