GPX Data Import missing

Brinki

Nov 8, 2022, 6:41:14 AM11/8/22
to cruise...@googlegroups.com
Up to the latest Cruiser version - with "Data/Import" - it was possible
to load GPX files - e.g. these here:

> https://github.com/GpxFeed/campgrounds

In the new 3.0.1 version I can't find this import function no longer.

--
Brinki

Emux

Nov 8, 2022, 6:56:27 AM11/8/22
to cruise...@googlegroups.com
You can use the menu "Routing | Import".

It can import GPX files and it offers more options for import,
like selection of GPX elements, calculate route from GPX, etc.

--
Emux

Emux

Nov 8, 2022, 6:59:11 AM11/8/22
to cruise...@googlegroups.com
Also you can select the track color separately for each import.

And Cruiser on Android remembers the imported tracks when restart.

--
Emux

Brinki

Nov 9, 2022, 11:03:28 AM11/9/22
to Emux, cruise...@googlegroups.com
Am 08.11.22 um 12:56 schrieb Emux:
> You can use the menu "Routing | Import".
>
> It can import GPX files and it offers more options for import, like
> selection of GPX elements, calculate route from GPX, etc.
>
> -- Emux <https://devemux86.github.io>

Thank you very much, Emux,

I just tried it with Linux Tumbleweed, the import of pois in the GPX
format worked. I will try everything in the next few days.

The pois in my example link partially have a "link" tag. Would it be
possible to branch to the internet browser using the URL from the link
tag? GPXSee for example provides this.

A mark & copy feature for text from the "desc" tag would be interesting
also.

--
Brinki

Emux

Nov 9, 2022, 11:09:23 AM11/9/22
to Cruiser Users
If you mean the GPX wpt tags (link, desc), I will see what can be done:

You can also import GPX waypoints as bookmarks with the menu "Bookmarks | Import".

Brinki

Nov 10, 2022, 9:57:35 AM11/10/22
to Emux, Cruiser Users
Am 09.11.22 um 17:09 schrieb Emux:
> If you mean the GPX wpt tags (link, desc), I will see what can be done:
> https://www.topografix.com/GPX/1/1/#type_wptType

Exactly these two tags - link and desc.

The "ele" tag is also already present and shows since a while also
points from 1000 meters and above in [m].

--
Brinki