Contour lines no longer displayed

michel m038

Jun 23, 2021, 5:55:44 PMJun 23
to Cruiser Users

Since May 2021, the contour lines are no longer displayed on the maps I downloaded from openandromaps.org (download on June 23, 2021)
I use the elevate4 openandromaps theme (download on June 23, 2021)
I tried some other themes ... no more contour lines ...
Thanks for any help or idea ...

Emux

Jun 24, 2021, 3:12:50 AMJun 24
to cruise...@googlegroups.com
Opening OpenAndroMaps maps and Elevate map style (as zip file) everything seems to work correctly.

See images with Cruiser and Cruiser GL.

--
Emux
Cruiser.png

michel m038

Jun 24, 2021, 4:32:53 AMJun 24
to Cruiser Users
Smartphone Xiaomi Redmi note 7, Android 10, MIUI12.0.3.

I tried many themes, previous maps, new maps , then  uninstall / install Cruiser from google play store , delete cache , etc  ...  still no contour lines on offline maps.

I Downloaded apk V1.11 >> install >>> contour lines are displayed ...

Emux

Jun 24, 2021, 4:37:21 AMJun 24
to cruise...@googlegroups.com
The contour lines exist in specific maps and map styles.

- Have you loaded an OpenAndroMaps map?

- Have you loaded Elevate map style?
You must open the map style as the downloaded zip file
(not xml) because of Android new restrictions.

Testing with Cruiser 2 everything seems to work correctly.

Or can you explain with details what exact steps you do?

--
Emux

michel m038

Jun 24, 2021, 5:04:41 PMJun 24
to Cruiser Users
Quote "You must open the map style as the downloaded zip file

(not xml) because of Android new restrictions. "

Yess !   this is the solution !

All my themes were unzipped, even the ones I dowloaded recently
How could I guess this ?

Many thanks  Emux !

Emux

Jun 25, 2021, 2:25:37 AMJun 25
to cruise...@googlegroups.com
The open process shows for some seconds a message: select a zip file.

Android becomes more restrictive with device storage,
so this change was inevitable to keep themes working.

--
Emux