You need to make it clear, on the Android page(s) (i.e. at the least: Google Play) how one actually generates the offline maps

N *

Feb 2, 2020, 12:03:37 PM2/2/20
to Cruiser Users
At present the Google Play page refers the user to two places for advice on how, on Android, to use the offline maps. One of those pages is https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Cruiser. That page appears not to provide the requisite instructions. The other is simply this forum (unless I make some mistake). I think that you would do much better to make some (good) instructions much more readily available.

Emux

Feb 2, 2020, 12:08:29 PM2/2/20
to cruise...@googlegroups.com
Probably mean how to create offline routing graphs?
(they can be created easily with desktop Cruiser)

Because offline map creation is a more complicated process and needs external tools.

--
Emux

N *

Feb 2, 2020, 12:57:45 PM2/2/20
to Cruiser Users
Thanks for the reply.

Yes, I do mean that, although the very complexity of the feature's name is part of the problem. For, look: people will try to use this app offline. because that is one of its advertised attractions, and indeed they will try to do so on Android; and they will discover that in order to actually do that - to get the app to do what it advertises itself as doing - they need enter a rabbit-hole. You see the problem?